medusa

Multiple World Records in Wing Suit

Hi,

I just finished a project I was working on. The objective was to try to set 3 new skydiving records.

1. Longest Total Distance Traveled while in freefall (16.06 mi (25.85 km))
2. Longest Freefall time (6 Min)
3. Greatest Horizontal Distance Flown in a Wing Suit (14.35 miles (23.1 km))

In this project I teamed up with the Colombian Army Aviation wing (Damas protectoras del Soldado), Coldeportes and Indeportes Antioquia. Additionally, I had support by GoPro, Tonfly, United Parachute Technology, Flysight, Spy Optics, Cypres, L&B larsen and brusgaard, Pete Swan Rigging, Zak Tassier and Tony Suits.

I was able to perform two jumps at 35.000 feet above La Guajira, Colombia using my Tony Suit Apache with a skydiving handles modification that has always worked for me.

In the first jump I when for delay time and in the second day I went for distance. On the distance day I only had a 30 knots tail wind. This wasn't an optimal scenario since the past high altitude distance record was set with high winds at 100 - 120 knots.

The Flysight GPS was sent to me in a sealed and signed box that was handed to the Colombia S&TA guy, who opened the box and made sure that the units were never in my possession or near by a computer. The units were placed in my suit once at altitude and removed from me both times the helicopter came to pick me up.

The data was sent to Flysight where it was analyzed. The following results were given to us by Flysight:

Jump on April 20:
Freefall of 546.7 Seconds - 9Min 6Sec

Jump on April 21:
Horizontal Distance of 16.31 Miles (26.257 Km)
Total Distance Flown of 17.52 Miles (28.196 Km)

As it is right now, we are applying for Guinness Records and waiting for their review and approval with the results listed above for the following categories:

-Longest Total Distance Traveled while in freefall (17.52 Miles (28.196 Km))
-Longest Freefall time (9Min 6Sec )
-Greatest Horizontal Distance Flown in a Wing Suit (16.31 Miles (26.257 Km))

I want to thank everyone in this community who supported me, all my friends who helped me train, all the companies who believed in me and in this project.

I will be posting the video teaser link here soon. I will display the GPS analysis once the Guinness Officials allow me to.

If you want to see a little video we made pre-jump
http://vimeo.com/35671016

Records are meant to be broken. There are people who are always going to be better than you. I know it is just a matter of time before someone takes one of these ones out. All I can say is, Power to you brother or sister!! if there is anything from my experience that you may want to know to surpass and to take our sport further, please let me know.

We will be writing a more detailed article in multiple magazines. So stayed tuned!

To all of you thank you!

JF
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

Hi,

I'm just finally walking out of this project, it was allot of work, Mentally and physically. For know is not in my near future any records, but I always try to out do my self, so there might be a chance in the future where Ill go and try to break those, Who knows....

We have big plans to innovate and to create new flying stuff in the wing suit scene.

I truly love flying and inspiring people to dream and to fly. So my plans for the future are simple. Keep flying, keep dreaming, keep innovating.

In the States we will be writing for Parachutist, there is so much behind the scenes of this record, It was such an honor to be part
of this project, In the article we will disclosed all the social aspects of it.

Cya

JF
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456