ik_sky

PF Vampire 1 manual

We're working on a whole series of new online manuals for suits old and new. Updated with information on rigging, fit etc.
First week of June is when we aim to have those up on www.phoenix-fly.com

These have actually been in the pipeline for a while now, but unfortunately i've held them up. I had a cold. Long story.

If you're local, would be more than happy to show you how to rig the suit - or reach out to a coach, they'll all know :)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

We're working on a whole series of new online manuals for suits old and new. Updated with information on rigging, fit etc.

These have actually been in the pipeline for a while now, but unfortunately i've held them up. I had a cold. Long story.

If you're local, would be more than happy to show you how to rig the suit - or reach out to a coach, they'll all know :)

Currently I flying S3. The main question is which wing tab should be omitted (from top).

Currently I flying S3. The main question is which wing tab should be omitted (from top).

That depend on your harness. Make sure that your handles are not swallowed by the suit.

What the guy above said, but in my years of hooking up lots of old bird-man suits (classics, gti's, and s3's), it was usually the 3rd or 4th wing tab (counting from the top) which was skipped for almost any rig out there. 3rd was more common.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Thanks F111
Thirds was OK.
ik

Have someone stand behind you when you are fully geared up and lift up your rig until your legstraps are pulling on you hard (to simulate hanging). If your laterals are touching the tabs on the top side of the opening (and creating tension in the suit), then you can tear tabs out when your canopy opens (bad). The fix for that would be to move up a tab (but chances are you are ok on the 3rd tab). You can do this test yourself with a mirror, or without if you know what to feel for and are flexible, squat next to a bench and let your rig rest on it. Hope that makes sense.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com