roostnureye

Backfly help?

I finally got on my back and held it for a bit, if any of you guys wanna give me some pointers I would be greatful... I know the other thread is exactly the same, I just didn't want to hijack it. Every other time I'm either really sinking out or go head low, I'm working on de arching and head position. Let me know it you see anything else that sticks out.
[url] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce1CMlP4ilo&sns=em
Sorry if the sticky dosent work.
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

Where are your zippers? close the leg wing, maybe open the arm up an inch each side (easier to learn, close it later). You are currently in a recliner position. Think about bringing your leg wing down to 40-60% but pointing you toes, pushing your head back and raising your hips to stop that sit position (once you got it you wont have to cock your head all the way back but at first the head movement really seems to limit the hip movement -> when you look at your toes you sit a bit). I take my arm wing all the back and fly palms down with my thumb along the gripper about 4 inches below the bottom of my back.

P.S. if you think about it you should know who this is, we did more than a few jumps together and I was rather obsessed with getting my Rbird on its back...finally got in consistent and going good B| Your canopy fixed yet? B|

I finally got on my back and held it for a bit, if any of you guys wanna give me some pointers I would be greatful... I know the other thread is exactly the same, I just didn't want to hijack it. Every other time I'm either really sinking out or go head low, I'm working on de arching and head position. Let me know it you see anything else that sticks out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce1CMlP4ilo&sns=em
Sorry if the sticky dosent work.

Clench your butt cheeks.

Dead serious. Jarno had good tips in the vid about what to do with your waist. But the way to accomplish that is by clenching your butt. There is no other flying style I've encountered in skydiving that requires you to use these muscles. De-arching when on your back (raising your hips) is similar to arching on your belly (i.e. what you learn in AFF), but requires a totally different set of muscles since you are upside down and all the forces are coming the other way.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Where are your zippers? close the leg wing, maybe open the arm up an inch each side (easier to learn, close it later). You are currently in a recliner position. Think about bringing your leg wing down to 40-60% but pointing you toes, pushing your head back and raising your hips to stop that sit position (once you got it you wont have to cock your head all the way back but at first the head movement really seems to limit the hip movement -> when you look at your toes you sit a bit). I take my arm wing all the back and fly palms down with my thumb along the gripper about 4 inches below the bottom of my back.

P.S. if you think about it you should know who this is, we did more than a few jumps together and I was rather obsessed with getting my Rbird on its back...finally got in consistent and going good B| Your canopy fixed yet? B|

Hey Dave! Hows it going buddy? Hope all is well. My zippers are closed all the way, I like them that way. And this was the first jump I could actually open the leg wing all the way up, I'll work on de arching a lil more. I think my main prob in the past was head position. I'm getting there, its just talking time. Thanks for the info on body position, we'll see how it gores this weekend. And the base canopy is back in action!
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

Hey Dave! Hows it going buddy? Hope all is well. My zippers are closed all the way, I like them that way. And this was the first jump I could actually open the leg wing all the way up, I'll work on de arching a lil more. I think my main prob in the past was head position. I'm getting there, its just talking time. Thanks for the info on body position, we'll see how it gores this weekend. And the base canopy is back in action!

Opening the leg wing comes after figuring out the upper body position.
Hips/arms/head-Fall rate and stability
Legs-drive
Clenching your butt (as Matt said) will help get you out of the LazeeBoy lounge.
Keeping the vehicle straight and streamlined usually comes before adding power.