Loeb

V4/V3 zippers

Sadly zippers dont always take well to the packing and other 'abuse' we put them through.
Shoot an email to PF and Customer service will send you replacement rider (which any rigger can switch/replace in under a minute) for free.

A bit repetituve, but mailing PF instead of posting to a forum to complain does increase the odds of your issue getting spotted and sorted out immidiately.
Use [email protected] and you'll find out why good customer service is something Robert is widely known and recognized for.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I had similar problem on my old V3, i have a problem on my current wingsuit by Intrudair.
After 50 - 100 jumps are any of small zippers brocken.

Tony Suit use wide and more robust zippers in comparison to european producers.
It can be solution for this problem...

Judging the odd/rare replacement zipper thats sent out, the (compareable) brand zippers PF uses seem to work great. Its not a daily occurence, and again, in the rare case where it does happen an easy fix thats handled by PF custumer care (if one contacts us, instead of on a forum).
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Everyone is allowed to question things. Its only a suggestion.

If the question is one regarding a product addressed to PF, it seems to make more sense to ask that question directly, to speed up reaction/effectiveness.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Maybe 5 more vampire owners just saw that thread and said hey, i have the same problem, thought it was just me. I agree if you have an issue you should contact the manufacturer, but whats wrong with posting it in a forum too. I feel like recently both the two largest manufacturers have been trying to be all secretive with any problems. Obviously if you only talk to manufacturers (or representatives of the company) youre going to get biased opinions. Consumers are allowed to express opinions, positive and negative.

For sure there is no issue at all with expressing oppinions. But in this case, it would make sense if the OP would have contacted PF as well and not 'only' posted here. Which was mostly what the comment was aimed at.

In light of solving such product problems, be they minor or big you'll find that there is no hidden agenda. Just a wish to work with the customer to improve the product and fix potential issues. Hence stressing to also contact PF directly.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Maybe a quick hint here to avoid zipper sliders to be damaged: I always pull the sliders with my fingers on the attached strap, never the pull tab itself. This makes sure the pull tab can adjust its angle to the slider and no force is applied which could make the tab break. If it breaks and the slider is still good a small key ring does the job too and the strap can be attached to this ring.

... easy fix thats handled by PF custumer care (if one contacts us, instead of on a forum).

there seems to be a difference between "handled" and "solved" ;)
I went through 4-5 zipper sliders on my V3 in less than 100 jumps. Sure, PF was very quick in sending me spare ones, but replacing the Opti zipper with another Opti zipper does not solve the problem.
Eventually I got tired of this, bought a few feet of YKK coil#8 and fixed it myself. No more broken zippers since last year. :)

I have multiple PF suits including V2, V4, Venom, Acro and have never had that problem. People have come into my loft with that problem and it is easy to fix. I would make sure you pull on the lanyard and not the zipper pull itself. And you don't have to yank on it as if you are choking the chicken. I also tell so many people to always open their zippers all the way so they don't get damaged when reaching up for your toggles. I see so many people land with them not open all the way. Goes to show how little awareness there is during the unzipping process. Make it a conscious thing and you should never have any problem with it. Also bring your wrist up, hold the zipper with your other hand in place while you straighten your arm to unzip. Makes it way easier for me to operate the zippers and you can't get your skin or shirt caught in the zipper that way. give it a shot... you'd be surprised.

On my V3 I did break a zipper stop at the proximal (near body) end of an arm zipper by opening too fast/hard. Put zipper back on the track and as a stop used a dab of super glue for both arms, it never happened again. Having parapack instead of nylon as a stop should fix it, but the superglue mod is super-easy.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957