SAshraf7

How many Wingsuit Fliers are out there?

I have no actual data to back this up, but I think 1000 in the US sounds too high. Granted my home DZ is Skydive Arizona, where we're just starting to get a local flock (we have about 8-10 I think), but I can't imagine there being more than 400-500 in the US. I have absolutely no idea about Europe, since I also have no idea how many skydivers there are in Europe, but I would think it would be comparable to the US.

But then I think about Phoenix Fly and TonySuits being viable companies. It would be hard to have 2 competitors in a market of only a few thousand people, so now I've just confused myself. I'd be really interested to see some hard data.

It would be hard to have 2 competitors in a market of only a few thousand people, so now I've just confused myself.

what part of "Gear Whore" do you not understand ? :D
Rough estimate for Switzerland, maybe around 50-70 regular skydiving wingsuiters, and another 200 occasional. To which you would need to add the wingsuit BASEjumpers who do not jump from planes anymore.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

We would have to start by defining what a wingsuiter is, some people will almost only jump a wingsuit... some people 50% of the time and some much less than that so is someone who flies HIS wingsuit less than 5 times a year a wingsuiter? Only thing we know for sure is not enough people fly wingsuits... At least in my neck of the woods

Russia national flock was 36-way with, say, 10 more people being in alpha-group, this makes about 50 regular wingsuit pilots. I'll add about 20-30 to those since they're actually lone birds who prefer mountains over flocking.

You could be right for Switzerland. Just checked FB:
Tony has close to 4000 friends, Robi close to 2000. Some of them are family and non-skydivers, so let's take 50 away. Brings us to about 5950 ;)

The big questions:
How many are friends of Tony AND Robi?
How many of Tony's friends are not wingsuiters?
How many wingsuiters are not friends with them or fly other brands?
though cookies....

It might be interesting if the moderators could look up in the DZ.com database to see how many people have selected "Wingsuit" in their jump profile.... Clearly, not all wingsuiters are on dz.com, and there are still some profiles for folks not with us any more, but it is a hard number... I am not sure how to extrapolate a "how many wingsuiters in the whole world"....

It might be interesting if the moderators could look up in the DZ.com database to see how many people have selected "Wingsuit" in their jump profile.... Clearly, not all wingsuiters are on dz.com, and there are still some profiles for folks not with us any more, but it is a hard number.

Well, if you want an inaccurate but hard number, I can generate lots of them for you. I can encrypt them for security too.;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.