ifell

Wingsuit landing next month?

The video!!!
Congrats Gary!!! respect!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IRC_b4g7Sg

Too bad that was not a skydive. It was a great stunt although. They could have done more rounds, so many boxes left. B|

He exited an aircraft with a parachute and landed safely. How is that not a skydive?

Because he didn't use the parachute?
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

www.itv.com/news/meridian/2012-05-23/gary-falls-to-earth/

WOW, the video from the Helicopter exit towards the bottom of this link (Other jumper using a parachute) is amazing.. DAMN the landing pile of Boxes looks SMALL......... You can see exactly where Gary landed in the boxes.. :o

Scott C.

Found a video shot of it from the side as well. There is not much room for error at all... HUGE BALLS OF STEEL..

http://youtu.be/LOw3nyso90c
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

The video!!!

Too bad that was not a skydive. It was a great stunt although. They could have done more rounds, so many boxes left. B|

He exited an aircraft with a parachute and landed safely. How is that not a skydive?

So if someone goes in with out anything out, does that mean that person did not die skydiving?

I would also be interested to see how quickly he was slowed down and finally ended in terms of horizontal and vertical distance into the box pile relative the first point of contact.

I'm intrigued by the little "alleyway" he uses to walk out of the box fortress. The fact that such alleyways exist would imply that the box fortress has some empty spots in it... which seems kind of sketch. Or maybe I am misunderstanding something.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

The video!!!

So if someone goes in with out anything out, does that mean that person did not die skydiving?

I dunno, I'm just guessing why the other guy claimed its not a skydive even though it obviously is.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

WOW, the video from the Helicopter exit towards the bottom of this link (Other jumper using a parachute) is amazing.. DAMN the landing pile of Boxes looks SMALL......... You can see exactly where Gary landed in the boxes.. :o

Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

The fact that such alleyways exist would imply that the box fortress has some empty spots in it... which seems kind of sketch. Or maybe I am misunderstanding something.

Dude, they're cardboard boxes, the whole thing is a collection of empty spots. That's kinda the point:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Found a video shot of it from the side as well. There is not much room for error at all... HUGE BALLS OF STEEL..

I enjoyed seeing the flair from the video shot of it from the side.

It's interesting that the trajectory before the flare looks like it would have brought him pretty close to the "beginning" of the box runway, while after the flare he is considerably past the middle. Flare a little too early, or a little too hard... B|
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Scott C.

That lower video link on the ITV page shows this was total commitment with zero room for error or having a bad day.

Got to give the guy huge props and agree he has balls of steel!!! awesome.

To the poster who says 'any decent wingsuit pilot could make the target'...

Thats not strictly true considering Gary is the only person who has deliberately aimed for a small area on the ground, and hit it perfectly.

Well done Gary, for doing it and coming out unhurt.

As a Hanglider and paraglider pilot, I was amazed in how slow and straight the wingsuit managed to fly near the ground. Good skills + some ground effect for sure.

From now on I believe landing very big suits in soft sand and snow will be a commum thing.

Casualties will happen as a top hangglider pilot can land his glider 200 times perfectly but sometimes a mistake and broken finger, foot or cut happens, it will be no different with a wingsuit.

What I always believed since 10 years ago now become more evident for me. Wingsuits will get bigger, will soar and people will land it just like any other glider. Future is looking awesome!!
Lauren Martins - www.youtube.com/user/gisellemartins20

Thanks for pic.

There's 18,600 boxes stacked in 34 groups. Only 6 groups show any deformation from impact.

So at 547 boxes per group I really only need 3,282 boxes to attempt this. B|

Couldn't this be done in the water somehow if it were agitated?
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

It's interesting that the trajectory before the flare looks like it would have brought him pretty close to the "beginning" of the box runway, while after the flare he is considerably past the middle. Flare a little too early, or a little too hard... B|

the boxes need room to break down. if it was a solid wall of cardboard he would have been broken up.

Ever see how karate practitioners break multiple boards or bricks? they have empty space between each one so the momentum will give way. if they stacked them all, they would shatter their hands. Same idea on a larger scale.
My photos

My Videos