ifell

Wingsuit landing next month?

Truly amazing, nothing but total respect. Congratulations. Every time I think something is totally impossible I am proven wrong. Thank you bro for showing us :)

Jeb

All eyes on you now jeb :) Cant wait to see what you and your team comes up with!!

Tandem / Funjump Skydive Locations
Skydiving & BASE logbook app

The last bit of swooping the suit before impact was perfectly timed. Even some boxes in front of his impact point popped up, giving me the impression that there probably even was a little bit of ground effect involved.. I may be wrong here, perhaps someone with a better physics degree can chime in ;)

1) No beer is due. In fact he is owed beer by all of us.
2) Swoop ponds could be filled with boxes.
3) He should do it again and again and again like Rossy. It is no longer a "stunt" or a "one-off" its just amazing. (This is one of the reasons why chuteless jumps are just stunts. People don't repeat them again and again and again....)
4) I hope Jeb heals quick and does it too. One person doing it is a freak, two- its a phenomena, three- an epidemic.
5) Speaking of Jeb. Where are the 19 GoPros on Gary?
6) We should have expected some James Bond shit from a guy name Connery.

Congrats. You are definitely the man. This years winner of "big brass balls award"
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers

This moment... a recurrent skydiver's dream coming true, am I right?! So hard to find words. And yes, definitely a headstone for wingsuiting and aviation.
Landing in deep powder snow seems to be possible right now, if you ask me (though the depth might be hard to judge ==> paint?!).
I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous!

Larger versions here:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/2012/May/120522/pb-120523-landing-jm-02.photoblog900.jpg
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/2012/May/120522/pb-120523-landing-jm-04.photoblog900.jpg

Can't upload them here due to file size.

You can see he's got his eyes shut in the second one :-P
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Clearly he's geeking the camera. :P

A bit disconcerting how close the edge of the boxes looks in that zoomed shot. Any decent wingsuit pilot could hit a target that size, but when that target is your life, it sure looks a lot smaller. Big balls indeed, and a cool head and precise landing.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

A bit disconcerting how close the edge of the boxes looks in that zoomed shot. Any decent wingsuit pilot could hit a target that size, but when that target is your life, it sure looks a lot smaller. Big balls indeed, and a cool head and precise landing.

It would be interesting to see a top view (even if in a drawing) of where exactly he "landed" compared to the length and width of the box pile. I would also be interested to see how quickly he was slowed down and finally ended in terms of horizontal and vertical distance into the box pile relative the first point of contact.

Huge Balls and amazing to walk away, can't say enough for actually making it happen.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I love the dude in the background in the first one - he's got a huge tripod mounted camera set up next to him, and he's videoing it on his smartphone! :D:D