fuzrb14

Foretrex 401

I've just purchased the Fortrex 401 by Garmin. But while waiting for it to arrive I heard that the 401 my not have a high enough sample rate compared to the 301. Has anyone else run into this problem (or any others) with the 401?

Forum search found me no usable data regarding the 401 and this complaint.

Thanks

I used a 301 for many jumps with only semi usefull results even when set to the maximum sample rate. If you are buying this for other recreation, biking, running, hiking, etc., then go for it. If the primary purpose is wingsuiting then the Flysight is the only way to go. It samples fast enough to see what you are ACTUALLY DOING on a flight when you examine the data. The Garmin will only realistically show you trends and only when averaged. It will not display the immediate effect of a change in body position on glide ratio. You may just need both like I ended up with. Different tools for different jobs.

I've just purchased the Fortrex 401 by Garmin. But while waiting for it to arrive I heard that the 401 my not have a high enough sample rate compared to the 301. Has anyone else run into this problem (or any others) with the 401?

Forum search found me no usable data regarding the 401 and this complaint.

Thanks

I've used a 301 before and it was not acurate at all.
~Migs~

On Facebook