Skwrl

New Record Requirements

It sounds like some people feel the need to hide something for one reason or another.
Seriously, WTF?

Where was all this uproar from your side and others when the Grid was proposed to the USPA and IPC without ANY community input?[:/]
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I'm also only commenting on information others have posted on facebook and other sources. Putting one and one together to see what two is has little to do with secret councils and whatever kind of 'gang' Im appearantly part of...:S

Oh, now you are telling fibs because I know you have PM'd some people stating what is going on.....

Not to worry, you play your games, I will just watch.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Where was all this uproar from your side and others when the Grid was proposed to the USPA and IPC without ANY community input?Unsure

Can you explain to me what my "side" is?

I wasn't even wingsuiting when the Grid was proposed so I have no idea what you're talking about. Nor do I see the relevance.

Again no games, no conspiracies. The PM to 'some people' (Onmia) was a direct quote from a FB post on the subject. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm also simply watching this from the side-line, though severely enjoying the show.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

How is this possible? Everytime I read this forum I feel that the wingsuiting community sucks ass. Everything is so full of shit. But in the real world I meet the people and everybody are really cool and awesome individuals. I have never met an asshole wingsuiter.

WTF is going on here?

Tero Paukku
- No mercy in the flock! Straighten your legs!!! -

How is this possible? Everytime I read this forum I feel that the wingsuiting community sucks ass. Everything is so full of shit. But in the real world I meet the people and everybody are really cool and awesome individuals. I have never met an asshole wingsuiter.

WTF is going on here?

Tero Paukku

Hi Tero :)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It sounds like some people feel the need to hide something for one reason or another.
Seriously, WTF?

Where was all this uproar from your side and others when the Grid was proposed to the USPA and IPC without ANY community input?[:/]

Jarno, I have no affinity for "the grid". As you know, I made my own, quite different proposal.

However, continuing to badmouth people who set records according to existing rules, whether or not you like those rules, is very low class.

Jarno, I have no affinity for "the grid". As you know, I made my own, quite different proposal.

Setting a record using "the grid" is like setting a record at the Special Olympics ... just because I ride the short plane and lick the windows does not mean I'm special. Unlike "the grid", your method at least appeared to reward those moving in the right direction.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

The grid system is terrible, hopefully whatever is changed is an improvement (I can’t imagine it being worse) and we will see better record formations. Can someone post a photo of this 4 way?

I can see two reasons for peoples outrage:
1) they have poor skills and have no hope of being on a record now
2) their (or their friends) business plan was relying on the number of participants increasing steadily from an already high 68.

I have little sympathy for either, save your outrage for something important.

Seriously, WTF?

However, continuing to badmouth people who set records according to existing rules, whether or not you like those rules, is very low class.

Setting a record using "the grid" is like setting a record at the Special Olympics ... just because I ride the short plane and lick the windows does not mean I'm special. Unlike "the grid", your method at least appeared to reward those moving in the right direction.

I don't think you can fault anyone for following the rules, whether or not you think those rules are optimal. If a 68 way in "the grid" is so "short bus" easy, how come we aren't doing that every weekend?

Ive never badmouthed anyone who flew, or did anything. In fact Ive dedicated a lot of free time, money and effort into trying to push for better and better standards as well. So far for about 10 years that Ive been flying wingsuits.

Criticizing a judging standard is NOT criticizing the actual accomplishment. That first 71 way was just a big a feat, as the 68 way. Outside of the standard it was judged by. Just as the current submitted formations are praise worthy. Regardless if its a 4 way, 10 way or 25 way.

It may be sad to see a new record be smaller than past ones. But the improvement cant always be a numbers thing. Quality has to go up as well. And I guess thats what last years change/update did. And it means people have to work harder. Again, not saying previous formations where bad (for those ready to pounce), but only saying the new ones are going to be flown closer.
People need to stop playing martyr and dare to set the bar higher and higher every time for other aspects than just 'numbers'.

I hope this progress is a good step towards a standard that sticks. I know we've been busy within the IPC as well (with a lot of good input from you as well), and can only applaud whats happening everywhere. Regardless if its a 68 way or a 4 way. Its moving forward.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I don't think you can fault anyone for following the rules, whether or not you think those rules are optimal. If a 68 way in "the grid" is so "short bus" easy, how come we aren't doing that every weekend?

I'm not faulting them for following the rules. I'm faulting them for accepting the rules. I never said it was easy. I said it was easier than it should be. How many individuals on that record had less than 50 flights, 100 flights, or 500 flights?

I'm not faulting them for following the rules. I'm faulting them for accepting the rules.

A lot of NFL kickoff returners don't like the new kickoff rules, but they accept them because they are the rules. Accepting rules, while working to change rules you don't like, is adult behavior. Going home in a snit isn't adult behavior.

I'm not faulting them for following the rules. I'm faulting them for accepting the rules.

A lot of NFL kickoff returners don't like the new kickoff rules, but they accept them because they are the rules. Accepting rules, while working to change rules you don't like, is adult behavior. Going home in a snit isn't adult behavior.

Okaly dokaly, I'll go with your thought process on following and accepting. If you followed the rules and set (or attempted to set) a record than you accepted the rules. However, if you followed the rules and didn't attempt to set a record than it's possible you accepted or didn't accept the rules. I fall into the last category, I followed the rules, didn't attempt to set a record, and don't accept the rules ...