jdatc

How many wing suits is too many?

I was just wondering. What do you guys think, for an individual?

I just mailed off my order to my dealer for my 7th, a PF shadow. Of course, I never mastered any of them, just continued to upsize. Isn't that the way?

Progression, since 06-ish, in order of their arrival...

Impact Track Suit -> Phantom -> V2 -> Stealth -> V3 -> V4 -> X2 -> Shadow

Oh, I don't instruct, I don't coach, nor do I believe any of the wing suit hype that seems to be everywhere now-a-days. I still own the first 6 too. Maybe I should sell a couple now. But oh the nostalgia of putting on that V2...

_justin

Ive owned an s1, s3, V2, V3, P2, and my bastache. I have sold all of them but the bastache because I never flew the others. Id personall get rid of the stealth and the v2/v3. X2 basically the same as stealth, and V2

I still fly the Phantom, but shadow should replace that.

V2 is a nostalgia suit. 1st suit I really learned to base jump on. It comes out about twice a year.

Stealth is down for repairs, but just kind of my play around suit for all around.

V3 is on loan to Cowboy for long term, but also if I take a header in the V4, and rip it up, no base trip is ruined.

X2 is just my suit I bought to do some XRW with my friend Marko

I don't really need to get rid of any, but I am thinking about dumping the phantom, V2 and V3 at the end of next season... No big loss, but then again for the money, it's almost like I may as well keep them. It's not like resale is that high on anything besides the latest / greatest.

Also it helps I have enough rigs to rotate suits out.

_justin

I did ~5 wingsuit jumps on a borrowed GTI for my 50-55th skydives, then ordered a V1.
I did ~150 skydives on it since 2005, and ~200 BASE jumps on it since 2007. I gave it to a flightless friend as he was on his was to Norway in 2011.
I am suitless. If anyone has a V4 that would fit a 5' 8" 155 pound male, I'm buyin. :)

-SPACE-

I was just wondering. What do you guys think, for an individual?

N+2 is too many. N being the number of wingsuits you currently own. If you're thinking of buying 2 at once the forumla can be revised to N+3 - I'd show you the math but it's complicated:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It is a fairly simple equation.

The correct number of wingsuits to own is N-1 where 'N' is the amount of suits that will get you kicked out of the house if the girlfriend/wife/partner/significant other finds out how many you have.

Of course 'N' can be increased by leaving suits with friends, 'borrowing' a suit ("It's not mine - I've borrowed it from..." and even out right lying "It was a bargain - it only cost $100 and I can sell it for twice that"
Jump more, post less.