splat123

Forward speed old S3S VS Shadow

If all things are equal (pilot/conditions) which would you expect to have the faster forward speed, old birdman S3S or Pf Shadow ?

Just looking for a reason not to get rid of my S3S that's getting lonely in cupboard :D

Time to move on dude, it's 2012 - BirdMan is sooo noughties:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I'll never get rid of my S3. Too much emotional attachment. I've sold plenty of newer and older suits. But the S3 stays, even if I never fly it again. :)
To answer your question, I'd honestly expect it to be fairly similar. Fly whichever one you enjoy more.

www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I'll never get rid of my S3. Too much emotional attachment. I've sold plenty of newer and older suits. But the S3 stays, even if I never fly it again. :)

I keep my S1, but that's mostly because no-one in their right mind would want to buy one.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If all things are equal (pilot/conditions) which would you expect to have the faster forward speed, old birdman S3S or Pf Shadow ?

Just looking for a reason not to get rid of my S3S that's getting lonely in cupboard :D

On your belly that S3 will have more vertical range. In full flight they will both have the same speed capability.

My "default" daily wingsuit is my Phantom2. It does everything I need except fly with the fastest guys or float with the lightest students. I still have a BM S6 that I rig up when I need "a little more" lift or speed. Don't ever get rid of that S3

Shadow *screams* compared to the S3S. Could really feel it on the first few flights after many, many S3 jumps. Very underrated suit, that Shadow.

it feels faster because it's designed to be flown more "dive" than "float" as the S3 was. You can re-train yourself in the S3 to fly in the same configuration. The only drawback to the S1/S3/S6 is the lack of back vents. That does not mean you can't backfly them; it only means you get tired sooner when doing so. Ask ANYONE who has ever met me if I suck backflying in those old suits. Matt will definitely attest.

Overlay a shadow over an S3 and armwings are roughly the same, legwing on a shadow 1/3rd wider. Its far from built for diving. Its 95% the suit a P2 is. Its mostly a different bodyposition/way of flying. I get a lot more range on my belly and back compared to an S3. In terms of fallrate I do a good 5 / 10 miles slower down on the shadow, though thats also with a lot more experience. Backflying (I also backflew my S3) most newer generation suits (any brand) blow the old ones out of the water.

I have 400 jumps or so on an S3, a good 600 on the Shadow.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?