DBCOOPER

PD PULSE for wing suiting?

It practically lands itself

Aren't you the guy who forgot to flare and broke in half? That would explain why your canopies land themselves!

Apparently you've (or Nick) confused me with someone else?

Nah, I'm pretty sure it was you.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3587898;page=3;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

I'm married to the devil himself!

Aren't you the guy who forgot to flare and broke in half? That would explain why your canopies land themselves!

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3587898;page=3;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Dude, that was pretty uncool and uncalled for. Losing a toggle is far different then 'not' flaring...

Factually, you’re almost right, Professor. It wasn’t a no-flare; it was an inadvertently dropped toggle that nearly cost me my life. Accidentally releasing a toggle is just about as dumb as not flaring, however. Saw it nearly kill someone just a few weeks ago. He'll never walk again, I was fortunate.

I screwed up and have paid/paying the price, I still wear the metal, and am painfully aware of my mistake every day.

I'd prefer to take advice from someone who has been there and understands the pain of an error rather than someone who hasn't had the hard motivation to understand the need to improve, grow, and pass on the info. Kinda like taking alcohol counseling from someone who has never touched a drop...

And, I keep on doing my best to enjoy skydiving and to share that joy with others. If it brings you two joy to piss on me for a 3 year old, 2500 jumps-ago error, by all means, continue. I've never tried to hide my error, and in fact often show newer jumpers photos of my incident so that they might understand the importance of landing skills.

Bill, mvidovic isn't a dude, it's a person from EG Suits. I've never met her AFAIK.

Bill, mvidovic isn't a dude, it's a person from EG Suits. I've never met her AFAIK.

???

I work as a college professor and my husband has not been with EG for years (after EG screwed him) and I have never worked for nor owned anything from that company, get your facts straight once for all.

I'm married to the devil himself!

We could say the same to you, after that rather nasty and inaccurate dig at brother Spot.

For starters, he's a lot more durable than you're giving him credit for. If he'd actually broken in half, there'd be two much smaller Spots kicking around and sister, we don't know what to do with just one of him.

Second, you got any particular reason for being that vicious and rude? That was totally out of line and uncalled-for. In our community it is customary to show a certain professional respect for one's fellow birds even if one does not like them. There are a few members of our community I don't particularly hold in high regard myself, but you'd never know it because I am polite to them anyway. Because I know to show that certain respect. They are my fellow wingsuit pilots, they have earned it. They may need me to save their lives in a hurry someday and I, them. You might want to think about that for a minute.

If you're ever injured in the sport I sincerely hope nobody decides to dig it up and use it to take cheap shots at you as you've done here. Since you seem unfamiliar with the concepts of basic respect and decent manners, perhaps you'll learn them by example when they have been demonstrated to you.
Have a nice day.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Well I wish I had professors WHO LOOK LIKE HER

[Heard over the dropzone.com intercom] Paging Chuck Blue to the PD PULSE for wing suiting thread... Chuck Blue to the PD PULSE for wing suiting thread... Thank you.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

[Heard over the dropzone.com intercom] Paging Chuck Blue to the PD PULSE for wing suiting thread... Chuck Blue to the PD PULSE for wing suiting thread... Thank you.
As much as I love Chuck to bits (in a manly way), he doesn't look as half as good :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

As much as I love Chuck to bits (in a manly way), he doesn't look as half as good :P

It's more I was hoping to a response equal in sheer awesomeness as his response to a picture of Giselle in the other thread... Ah well.

Maybe I have to do everything around here...

Since she's an Econ Prof., I'd go with:

- "I'd let her study my positive externalities... "

- "I’m a pure public good… she can free-ride on me any time she wants..."

- "I'd maximize her utility..."

[I'm here all week, tip your waitress...]
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Skwrl, I don't know if even Chuck Blue could manage to do that twice in a row. The man took the thread down with a single one-liner and I wasn't able to breathe normally for a half hour after reading it.

On the other hand, never underestimate him. For all I know he has a massive stock of those somewhere.

[Paging Chuck Blue, Chuck Blue to the PD Pulse thread please? Thank you.]
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

So the guy broke a leg, what is your problem, besides mental.

Just what all have you done to give back to this industry? Mr. Spotted Eagle has done a great deal of giving back to this community as well as the industry, even with a broken body part. He freely gives a hell of a lot to a lot of people and many big name people have turned to him for skills and experience in the video world, like Norm Kent... gee a video guy with over 20 years experience turning to a guy to make videos about how to make videos.

Or how about producing production asst. for Sony Vegas and helping most anyone in skydiving learn how to use it, mostly for free I might add, and changing how video gets done in the industry.

So again prof, what has been your big contributions to everyone?

PS> no I don't know him, never met him in person, but when he first started I helped him with advice in camera flying, now his is the teacher and many of us are damn glad to have him around.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo