KennyS1134

Semi stowless bag for wingsuiting

I'm thinking about getting a semi stowless bag, and was curious how other wingsuiters felt about using them. I've only known 1 wingsuiter to utilize it, and he loves it. I'm just wondering if the forward speed of a wingsuit could negate the stowless feature? As in, having all the lines come out at once? UPT uses 2 stows and a tuck tab like feature. I've also seen some companies use magnets. I included 2 different brands below.

UPT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5c-FW4KMPE&feature=related

Magnetiz Lazybag: http://www.compal.be/LazybagEN.html

I have the UPT/Berger bag; Most of the guys at the DZ have em' too. They're great. I'm not a fan of the magnetic. Did a couple dozen jumps over 2 weeks on them, and had a couple nasty openings. I'm told it's how I put the bag in the container. I've packed intentional linetwists (for video) with the UPT, and no slammers yet (knock wood).
Somewhere around 500 jumps on the UPT so far, most of them wingsuit.

I have tried Aerosport USA's MagBag which is a 2 locking stow + magnetic pocket with my wingsuit, and I loved it.

If you are interested about learning more about it, send a message to JerryBaumchen here, he knows some stuff about that bag.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I use the mPOD (http://pgasus.be/start.php?pg=text&item=mPOD) and have about 300 jumps on it (all wingsuit).
I feel that the time between pull and snivel is shorter and the rest of the opening stays the same. Never had the feeling that there would be a line dump and it opens like a standard bag with perfect elastics - just without the fiddeling with the elastics. :)
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

However you stow your lines on your bag, what's most important for consistency is the way you put your bag in the container (grommet straight up is best) and having cut (open) bottom corners. Our deployment forces are to the rear and up at around a 45 degree angle at pull-time in the skydiving configuration. This, assuming you are breaking at the legs and "sitting up" when you deploy. If you break at the legs without sitting up then you risk throwing your PC right into the leg wing.

If you are throwing from full flight then do not break at the legs. Let the PC go past your leg wing, drag your bag out, and then deal with the whiplash and potential line-twist after your main sits you up.

It's a total trade-off. BASE guys throw in full flight because they do not want to lose altitude during the throw. Skydiving wingsuiters generally deploy MUCH higher, jump MUCH smaller mains, and need the time to sort out their canopies.

FWIW, I jump a 97 square foot main in my wingsuit rig (a Sabre2). It's simply vanity that precludes me from jumping ~120 square in that rig, but I accept the risk so that I can still swoop it.

BOTH of my sport rigs (swoop x-braced 80 and 97 nine cell) have open corners, one-foot-longer bridles and are packed grommet up

Chuck

looking at the photo a comment might be made about how the lines don't look like they are under tension, this will then be made to sound like an issue with semi stowless bags.

Sooo - here is a photo from a deployment with a standard bungeed bag.
Jump more, post less.