Bill_K

S-Bird Question

Hey guys,

I'd like to ask other S-Bird owners out there what little tips and tricks you use to get the best performance out of your suits?

My goal is to get another ~30 seconds out of it. I'm talking solo max performance flights. I have other suits for flocking and playing around in. I want to get out, go hard and get 3+ minutes. I'm just wondering what little things you guys have found to add a second here or there?

Thanks,
BK

I'm a bit of an S-bird performance freak.
Weight: 135 lb.
Height: 5 foot 10.
Current max: 13,200-2400, 4:00. Pulled 76 seconds for 1k in competition, but the suit won't sustain speeds like that, though. That was a carefully calculated energy buildup and burnoff timed to burn out when my altitude and arms did. Shortly after exiting the comp window I would have stalled out and dropped like a rock if I didn't put my head down. Suit's got its limits.

Tell me your height, weight, current max time including exit and opening altitudes and approximate wingsuit jump numbers so I can get a feel for how deep -your- feel for it is going to be. When I know your height and weight I'll know exactly what your theoretical limits are in that suit and can tell you how to reach them. A little detail about the techniques you're currently using wouldn't hurt either.

There are some very subtle tricks built into that suit that can get you another 20-30 seconds, no kidding. Maybe more, maybe a LOT more. But you're going to need to put in some serious zen wingsuit understanding to get it. Most pilots don't.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Hey guys,

I'd like to ask other S-Bird owners out there what little tips and tricks you use to get the best performance out of your suits?

My goal is to get another ~30 seconds out of it. I'm talking solo max performance flights. I have other suits for flocking and playing around in. I want to get out, go hard and get 3+ minutes. I'm just wondering what little things you guys have found to add a second here or there?

Thanks,
BK

A Flysight with audio feedback gives you instant information about how your body position affects the flight performance.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hey guys,

Thanks,
BK

A Flysight with audio feedback gives you instant information about how your body position affects the flight performance.

Thanks, I just got one at Christmas time, but prior to this weekend kept forgetting to bring my helmet home with me so that I could get it mounted up.

I plan to play with that while using the techniques that Lurch so kindly provided to me via a PM. Hopefully with the two I'll be able to improve dramatically.

Hey guys,

Thanks,
BK

Thanks, I just got one at Christmas time, but prior to this weekend kept forgetting to bring my helmet home with me so that I could get it mounted up.

I plan to play with that while using the techniques that Lurch so kindly provided to me via a PM. Hopefully with the two I'll be able to improve dramatically.

you have my number too, give me a call
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121