skydiverkeith

135lbs + X2 = FUN!

I'm getting an X2 and was wondering what kinds of performance other super lite flyers are getting...

Do it and let us know. Only other really light person I know is Rob H from Z hills. AFAIK he got his Xbird recently.

Unless you plan on doing solos ONLY or plan on gaining a 100lbs , don't sell your small suit.

Roberta Mancino flys an X2 and she's smaller than me. I absolutely love my p2z, which is my main suit, and I've made quite a few flights on the R bird,

The X2 is only going to have one purpose. Traveling to XRW camps and getting into that. I figure with my feather lite frame it should be good fun, as long as I can deal with how mushy the suit will feel at my wingloading...
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

i am 145 and jumped an x1 yesterday, got down to 23 mph vertical. i fell in love with the suit! and we did some cool flocks with rob as the base in a rbird. then scotty was the base for the newbie flock. good times!
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

Hah! I just ordered an Apache also for just one purpose, competition dragster. I'll load it so lightly it'd be good for nothing else anyway, but it ain't gonna feel mushy, the speeds I'll be hammering it at. The poor suit is going to feel confused... "You bought the biggest most advanced suit you could get, and you're gonna use me for...freeflying?"
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Hah! I just ordered an Apache also for just one purpose, competition dragster. I'll load it so lightly it'd be good for nothing else anyway, but it ain't gonna feel mushy, the speeds I'll be hammering it at. The poor suit is going to feel confused... "You bought the biggest most advanced suit you could get, and you're gonna use me for...freeflying?"

Who's doing your modifications for the handles?
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

This should be interesting :)
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
Dudeist Skydiver #9

What modification are you going to make for your handles? I have heard some interesting ones, and some not so successful ones.... I'd be interested to see pics, as I feel you'll probably work it out for the better.

_justin

Shouldn't take much, if anything.
First I'm just going to have a good look at what I get. Tony revises his suits so often he may have implemented a better solution by now in production suits.

The ones I've seen being flown in skydiving use so far just had various ties and bindings to keep the handles from pulling out. Anyway I figure, it was intended as a BASE design, and any skydivers using it are accepting the risk of off-label use of a design like that.

If I still think its sketchy when I get it, I have a simple mod in mind... not sure I can do it till I get a closer look at it, but it looked doable. Just a couple of slits above and below the handle, a little velcro to close the big slit behind the lift web. That'd put just the relevant 6 inches of lift web plus handle outside the suit entirely and leave the rest of it alone, pretty much eliminate any chance of handle suck or suit induced pull I think.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Buy a longer bridle and may be a bigger pilochute, at first is not easy to fly but when you get use to it is amazing, it takes a bout 30 skydives to get full control on it for regular skills.
Have fun and take care.
Post your impressions on first flights.

Buy a longer bridle and may be a bigger pilochute, at first is not easy to fly but when you get use to it is amazing, it takes a bout 30 skydives to get full control on it for regular skills.
Have fun and take care.

This is BS. I jump X-Bird with normal bridle and 24" PC.

define normal ?

I like my 9ft bridle, my 36'' F111 PC, and my MagBag

Exactly. Normal is different with every rig. As I've posted before, a new rig from a popular vendor once left me with a SIX foot bridle ("normal" on their rigs) that gave me hesitations with suits much smaller than an X2.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Have fun and take care.

Sorry, I have to disagree too. My worst ever skydive was with a loaner 6' bridle. I made a really good throw too, but still wound up with the pc laying on my tail like a dead duck. Coincidence? Maybe, but I won't be trying it again.
But what do I know?

Have fun and take care.

Sorry, I have to disagree too. My worst ever skydive was with a loaner 6' bridle. I made a really good throw too, but still wound up with the pc laying on my tail like a dead duck. Coincidence? Maybe, but I won't be trying it again.

I have tried so far:
32" F111 kill-line PC, 150 cm from pin to PC bridle
27(?)" ZP kill-line PC, Bird-Man branded, 240 cm from pin to PC bridle
24" ZP kill-line PC, 205 cm from pin to PC bridle.

Can you find anything common from 3 above?

I jumped Phantom with the first 2.
I have jumped Stealth, Phatom2, V3, X-Bird with the last 2 setup.

There are people jumping tiny highly loaded elyptical canopies with wingsuits without issues. Doesnt always mean its the recommendable and sane choice in gear. Big suits/burbles have a definate preference for longer bridle/bigger pilotchutes. Sure you can get lucky and do ok with smaller/shorter.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

There are people jumping tiny highly loaded elyptical canopies with wingsuits without issues. Doesnt always mean its the recommendable and sane choice in gear. Big suits/burbles have a definate preference for longer bridle/bigger pilotchutes. Sure you can get lucky and do ok with smaller/shorter.

Buy a longer bridle and may be a bigger pilochute,

Is giving a blanket advice without any knowledge of the facts reasonable?

Too long bridle can also cause trouble, see base fatality list for example.

PC is a part of the deployment system. It should be adjusted for the main canopy.

I have tried so far:
32" F111 kill-line PC, 150 cm from pin to PC bridle
27(?)" ZP kill-line PC, Bird-Man branded, 240 cm from pin to PC bridle
24" ZP kill-line PC, 205 cm from pin to PC bridle.

Can you find anything common from 3 above?

Yes, Kill Line everywhere :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

"Too long bridle can also cause trouble, see base fatality list for example. "

What number?

Sorry. My bad, not in the list. Someone used some extra long bridle in BASE, he broke himself with that setup. He got permanent handycap and wheelchair. He commited suicide later.

Trouble:

He basically had a bridle long enough that his PC came around the nose and entangled the slider during the opening, causing his slider to hang up and snivel him into the ground.

He basically had a bridle long enough that his PC came around the nose and entangled the slider during the opening, causing his slider to hang up and snivel him into the ground.***

I've only seen this malfunction on spring-loaded pilot chutes, how does it occur on a BASE PC without even a kill line? I can get the PC in front of my Troll by backing up on rears but the PC is above the canopy.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............