Butters

Phantom 2z vs Ghost 3

I already own a Phantom 2 and am about to purchase another suit and am having trouble deciding between a Phantom 3 or Ghost 3. If anyone has flown both and can describe flight characteristics and performance (especially speeed, because I love speed) difference please let me know ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

for me the Ghost 3 is a Phantom ++, easy to fly (but you still have to learn how to get the limits) with loads of range in every performance dimension.

A GREAT toy :)
It can be very fast horizontally if that is what you want. Not the fastest suit, but you can play with many people in Vampires for example

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I've flown pretty much every suit on the market from all manufacturers and the Ghost 3 for me & my bodyweight (95kg) is the best all round suit available. I've done almost 400 jumps on mine & love it.

First jump on it, I smashed the figures I was getting on my Stealth 2 after 100 jumps.

If you're interested in acro, there's also another suit being released soon which has almost the same wing but with no grippers.

I've got a P2z and I've flown a Ghost 3 (not a lot) ...

To me, the Ghost seemed sluggish. Like comparing a Subaru WRX (Phantom) to a Suburban (Ghost). The Ghost can get going fast, has a lot of range ... but it's acceleration between modes is poor. Felt "sluggish." I tell it to turn ... then it turns. I tell it to pop ... then it goes up. I tell it to max out and go into light speed ... and it speeds up, eventually getting there.

The phantom, on the other hand, you know. You tell it to go, and it goes, right NOW. You tell it to pop, and bam, you're up. You tell it to max out, and you're at max speed instantly.

Since it matters, I'm 5'11" and 200lb in both suits. No issues with being too light on the Ghost. I decided to pass on the Ghost because it wasn't responsive enough for my preferences, after jumping the P2 so much.
Brian

I already own a Phantom 2 and am about to purchase another suit and am having trouble deciding between a Phantom 3 or Ghost 3. If anyone has flown both and can describe flight characteristics and performance (especially speeed, because I love speed) difference please let me know ...

phantom 3?

From Kris and Purple, I heard it was mostly inlet improvements. My speculation is that the P2-P2z change is greater than the P2z-P3 change but not worth a number change, but that the P2-P3 change is significant enough to warrant an increment.
Brian

From Kris and Purple, I heard it was mostly inlet improvements. My speculation is that the P2-P2z change is greater than the P2z-P3 change but not worth a number change, but that the P2-P3 change is significant enough to warrant an increment.

More than inlet improvements, we had a proto at the Performance Cup. Very nice changes. Without going into details, there are inlet changes, some airflow management changes, and some other small, but somewhat significant improvements. T'is a nice change up.
The Havok is an incredible suit. Jarno flies that thing like it was a super small suit. It's agile yet has the power of a much bigger suit. Fat guys that want serious acrobatic ability will love it. Light guys that want acrobatics and agility but also want float time will love it.