DSE

Cleaning

K guys...I've been in the plane with some of y'all's stinky-ass wingsuits that can almost fly themselves due to the organizms and crawley critters that inhabit that sweat-stained, ass-water soaked, fuelfume-infused fabric.
Time to wash.

Mesh laundry bag (preferably large net) costs 6.49 at Walmart.
Use any color-fast stain remover as necessary.
Put in cold water, gentle cycle wash. Some suits may benefit from a repeat.
You might even add some febreeze to it if you don't mind smelling like a tropical mist.

Use a long pole/broomstick through the arms and hang it up to dry.

Once dry, it's a good idea to give it a shot of Scotchguard (red label can/fine fabrics). Give it a good dose on the butt, knees, and bottom of wings.

While you're at it, buy some zipper lube (bathroom soap bar works about as well) and lubricate your zippers.

This'll help you enter the next season or weekend with a suit that feels brand new, and if you Scotchguard it, it'll fly mo-bettah.

While you're at it, look for loose threads, unraveled stitches or tabs. Either get em' sewn up or take a lighter to it to prevent further unraveling.

Personally I suggest dry cleaning. Tried it on an S-6 that was hopelessly destroyed by getting soaked with motor oil from a container that burst in my jeep during a rough moment while dodging a car accident. A dozen washings had no effect at all. The suit was totalled.

The suit was returned to me in gleaming white like-new condition. As if they had somehow remanufactured it. Weirdest thing I ever saw, all frayed and beat up, but so screaming pure white it simultaneously looked as if it had never been used. Even the booties and the patches on the knees were pure white. No smell either. I paid em double what they charged me for saving my suit. It was worth it.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

If the suit has a cable based cutaway system, take them out before washing.

It's a good idea to spray a cloth with silicone spray, then pull the cables through it to make sure they're nice and slippery. You know, like we all do with our cutaway cable on our rigs... right?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Oops, forgot to mention the cables.
If the booties are leather, it's also a good idea to use leather conditioner on them.
Some suits have wear where the bootie and fabric meet, and this is a good place to apply some shoe goo or similar to prolong the life of the fabric/leather seam.
Might be a good time to be sure the soles of the bootie are in solid shape too. We had a WS trip on his heavy-duty sole when it caught the edge of the door. Tripping in the door is never a good thing, especially in a larger suit.