unclecharlie95

Canopy Pilots vs Wingsuit Pilots

The hot topic is all about safety and glide ratios ( and what is a glide ratio. How would you know if one came up to you in a bar and made a pass at you).

And what if its really an arctangent angle that only appeared to be a glide ratio while drunk?

appearance is everything

VB...there is this thing called a flysight and if it says its a glide ratio..its a glide ratio.

Can we do a vintage flock at Lodi? There has to be a ton of older suits around. Nothing allowed newer than a birdman s3 or a v1.

that would be calling a Sabre1 a vintage canopy [:/]

The Sabre was designed well over 20 years ago. If they were cars, the earliest production models could legally be classified as antiques. If they were computers they'd be sitting in a museum in California to be revered by nerds the world over.

In conclusion; get with the times, grandad!:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

VB...there is this thing called a flysight and if it says its a glide ratio..its a glide ratio.

I know what a G/Ratio is....... you will never catch me arguing G/R round here.

There is this other thing called a flytec, it gives me more info. Mine is bigger than yours. It logs my G/Rs.

I know what a G/Ratio is....... you will never catch me arguing G/R round here.

There is this other thing called a flytec, it gives me more info. Mine is bigger than yours. It logs my G/Rs.

Really? Has the prof signed off on your understanding of Glide Ratio?
The flysight is made in Canada. Where is your cheapo flytec made?

Really? Has the prof signed off on your understanding of Glide Ratio?
The flysight is made in Canada. Where is your cheapo flytec made?

Ha, I wish it was cheap. made by the swiss. But to be honest I don't use it for WS nor speedflying just Hang and Paragliding so I can't use it as tool in G/R arguement I promiss not to engage in.

Don't take this as part of an arguement but I believe the Prof has several fixed wing ratings ( as do I) glider licence to if I'm not mistaken, he would have to verify. So if I was to take a side, which I won't, it would be his.

Last I heard he owns a mooney not sure which one and the only fixed wing you own are those winglets on your cranium. But I could be wrong.