unclecharlie95

Canopy Pilots vs Wingsuit Pilots

A comparison:

Canopy pilots have a forum where people discuss technique, progression and new technology.

Wingsuit pilots
have a forum where they argue about which brand suit is better.

Wingsuit pilots argue with each other about the brand of suit they wear.

Wingsuit pilots argue about which brand of suit is better.

Wingsuit pilots spend dozens jumps practicing on one suit before claiming proficiency.

Wingsuit pilots compete in competitions for t-shirts and discount vouchers.

Wingsuit pilots use the WiFi in the bar to argue on the internet.

It used to be said a lot, but seems to have been forgotten - it is the pilot that counts at the end of the day, not the suit.

I'm going to take up swooping.. B|

(and yes, I used to be part of the problem but I try not to waste time arguing anymore, better use the time we have to fly - think about it before you hit 'Post Message')
BASEstore.it

The main driver for most of the shit is the continual barrage of false claims and neglect of safety from one manufacturer and their related vested interests, sponsored flyers etc. Others feel compelled to speak out about these false claims and safety concerns and an argument ensues.

This is called 'brand wars' by some people to disguise it, but in fact it's got nothing to do with brand.

Good for you if you've risen above!

A comparison:

Canopy pilots have a forum where people discuss technique, progression and new technology.

Wingsuit pilots
have a forum where they argue about which brand suit is better.

Wingsuit pilots argue with each other about the brand of suit they wear.

Wingsuit pilots argue about which brand of suit is better.

Wingsuit pilots spend dozens jumps practicing on one suit before claiming proficiency.

Wingsuit pilots compete in competitions for t-shirts and discount vouchers.

Wingsuit pilots use the WiFi in the bar to argue on the internet.

It used to be said a lot, but seems to have been forgotten - it is the pilot that counts at the end of the day, not the suit.

(and yes, I used to be part of the problem but I try not to waste time arguing anymore, better use the time we have to fly - think about it before you hit 'Post Message')

Very nice ;) ...but both use fly sight!

There are wingsuiters who have tried to create threads about technique, progression, and safety.

Canopy pilots have mutual respect for one another and judge a person on their skills not the canopy they use.

Respect goes both ways and what is wrong with judging a person on the suit they use in regards to their skill? Canopy pilots do it.

Canopy pilots have role models like JT, JayMo and NickB to look up to.

Who do you consider to be good and or bad role models in wingsuiting? The split in the community is partially due to the split in role models ...

Canopy pilots spend hundreds and thousands of jumps practicing to hone their technique before claiming proficiency.

There are wingsuiters who spend hundreds (or thousands) of jumps practicing to hone their technique and still don't claim proficiency. There are canopy pilots who spend dozens jumps practicing on one canopy before claiming proficiency ... just look at all the incidents.

Canopy pilots compete in official competitions with huge cash prizes.

So? I wingsuit because I love it, not because I want to win huge cash prizes.

Canopy pilots wear cool clothes and sun glasses and people talk to them in the bar.

So? I don't go to the bar.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Isn't it a great thing when the light bulb comes on and you realize this little nugget of wisdom? :)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Good one!
But since this is a comedy forum...
Canopy pilots sit right next to the door and get out low minutes before everyone else and have a short freefall time

Wingsuit "pilots" sit next to the pilot, get out high and after everyone else and have a long freefall time.

What is a proficient pilot....not me for sure. I think backfly linked rodeo should be on a proficiency card somewhere.
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers

Canopy pilots wear cool clothes and sun glasses and people talk to them in the bar.

Wingsuit pilots wear shirts that say I LOVE YOSEMITE and hang out in packing tents barefoot. :):P

How about wearing tee shirts that say I LOVE BOOBIES and painting their
feet blue.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

A comparison:

Canopy pilots dominate the podium at competitions.

Wingsuit pilots
have a forum where they bitch about Jeb, mostly cuz they are extremely EPIC jealous and lets face it he is having more fun than 95% of you... sucks to be you.

Almost forgot:Heil safety!
Yawl have a nice flight.;)

A comparison:

Canopy pilots dominate the podium at competitions.

Wingsuit pilots
have a forum where they bitch about Jeb, mostly cuz they are extremely EPIC jealous and lets face it he is having more fun than 95% of you... sucks to be you.

Almost forgot:Heil safety!
Yawl have a nice flight.;)

And most Skydivers are GIGANTIC drama queens.

OK but rule #1 No brand war.

BM is no longer a brand, its a museum piece, so leave Scott and Chucky alone.

Your following sentence is correct, next.

The hot topic is all about safety and glide ratios ( and what is a glide ratio. How would you know if one came up to you in a bar and made a pass at you).

The hot topic is all about safety and glide ratios ( and what is a glide ratio. How would you know if one came up to you in a bar and made a pass at you).

And what if its really an arctangent angle that only appeared to be a glide ratio while drunk?