5.samadhi

more wingsuits with ability to grab risers immediately after deploying?

Are there other wingsuits other than prodigy 2 that you can grab risers immediately after deploying? I'd like to investigate the pros/cons of these suits compared to prodigy 2. I am a ways away from flying WS but I want to in my future...and I only want to fly a suit that I can grab risers and start fixing problems right away (since I intend to eventually take one off a big wall after I get experience regularly tracking off walls).

Only have 3 base jumps and 150 skydives so all of this is very much in the future...so no need to think Im going to be dangerous here.

There is a new beginner suit from TS which seems to address the issue without using the scape sleeve (by reducing the sweep back angle of the arms)
http://www.tonywingsuits.com/ibird.html
Actually, arm angle looks pretty much the same and it looks like the suit has some spandex at the forearm which may give the flexibility. The guys from TS would be able to give much more valuable info
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

There is a new beginner suit from TS which seems to address the issue without using the scape sleeve (by reducing the sweep back angle of the arms)
http://www.tonywingsuits.com/ibird.html
Actually, arm angle looks pretty much the same and it looks like the suit has some spandex at the forearm which may give the flexibility. The guys from TS would be able to give much more valuable info

The I-Bird DOES incorporate the Escape Sleeve.

In most cases you can grab not only your risers but your toggles.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

On the basis that you're most likely to be influenced by what you see around you, what you can learn with or buy secondhand....... I learnt in France where you have:

S-Fly Access http://www.flyyourbody.com/fr/boutique/wingsuits/s-fly-access.html

I have flown it and taught with it, although only skydiving and not BASE. The wing stops at the elbows leaving the sleeve to ride up over your shoulder as you reach up.

S-Fly Indy http://www.flyyourbody.com/fr/boutique/wingsuits/s-fly-indy.html

I have not flown it but have taught with it, again only skydiving. The sleeve/cuff is quite wide allowing you to reach out and upwards, past the simple elestaic hand loop. There is a large chunky/robust zip to undo the wings.

You don't have to do anything with leg wings on the Access, Indy or Prodigy for landing.

With ANY wingsuit lifting up your leg, whilst hanging in the harness should give you a bit of extra reach, in my opinion, but I wouldn't rely on this on its own.

The PF Prodigy 2 is a well made suit with strong metal quick release buckles that connect the arm wings to the hips. The reach is very good from what I have heard. I have not flown it myself by have taught with it in terms of skydiving.

The only thing to watch with the Prodigy and the Access/Indy might be not having your legs too far apart (as not held together by the longer leg wing or booties) causing the wing to flatten. However, this comes down to the detail of your initial briefing and feedback on your body position, including arching and arm position, as with ANY suit or instructor/coach. A wingsuit First Flight Course could be in another suit all together.

I have seen the Tony Suits Intro in the air, which I'm guessing was a model before the iBird, but don't know much more. Longest leg wing of the begineer suits, I think, so potential for a lot of forward speed. However, you need to unzip these leg wings before landing, I believe, but happy to be corrected.

Blue Skies & Soft Landings!
Ross

Edit: Typos corrected
www.gathhelmets.co.uk
www.flyyourbody.com

thank you for the information so far. Really Good! That helps narrow my search down. I have not even begun to talk with wingsuiters about the possibility down the road of training/learning this discipline...I've only really looked at a few wingsuits in person...the phoenixfly suits look really great though.

Perhaps this is a pre-"Scape Sleeve" X2?

Looks like a success to me! He doesn't need to unzip his arms until after getting out of the reserve twist.

I hope I would have chopped a bit earlier with it diving towards the ground...but maybe he was having fun.

However, you need to unzip these leg wings before landing, I believe, but happy to be corrected.

It isn't necessary.....but if you have to run a bit it is preferred! I don't think this is any different between most suit designs.

I have landed the R Bird which is bigger than the Intro tail a few times without unzipping. I didn't love it but it was fine.

Looks like a success to me! He doesn't need to unzip his arms until after getting out of the reserve twist.

I hope I would have chopped a bit earlier with it diving towards the ground...but maybe he was having fun.

Watch the right arm, not the left.

To me it looks like his right arm gets high up on the risers...it looks like a bit of a struggle but he is spinning up in a few G's I suspect.

Is there a specific frame? Maybe I am just not seeing it.

we are all wondering what point you are trying to make here spott. the right arm? the one that reaches up to the brakes at 0:15 of the video? please explain... :S

I guess we each see what we want to see. Played back at 50%, it's seems pretty straightforward.

00:00:15;45-Right hand reaches "for brakes" as you say. Doesn't get there, barely above 3ring. Any wingsuit can do this.

00:00:16;00-Right hand around front/rear riser at the 3ring. Apparently can't get higher.

00:00:22;07-Left hand not above left 3ring.

00:00:27;16-bare arm reaching for separate risers.

Maybe Nick can come in and explain the escape sleeve slid down below his right elbow and that the blank seconds aren't spent unzipping the right arm.

that is exactly the point. you could also claim that nick is jumping without underwear, since it can´t be seen it´s hard to prove you are wrong. (as well as you can´t really prove it)

i wrote nick a mail asking if his escape sleeve works or not. lets see what he says. he is the only one who knows, the video doesn´t tell much if your are honest, thats why we don´t understand why you picked this one to claim the escape sleeve doesn´t work.
You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"

your were asked what point you are trying to make. WE were wondering what point that could be. WE is for the group of wingsuiters that was just having a skype conversation when scott showed us you brought this here up:

WE is obviously also simon for example or did you have the impression he was getting your point?

so again, without arguing, without what the fuck....what is the point of

or

Watch the right arm, not the left.

WE might have all missunderstood your point. please help us to understand you correctly.
You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"

I have a video also....showing ability to reach all sorts of good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnVW24vAJZg

Truth is you can't tell if I have unzipped....you can't even tell what suit I am on really. Luckily I survived. I can't recall if I unzipped a leg to let me kick of of these...I do that sometimes but not always.

The line twists lasted about 25 seconds before this but I didn't want to bore anyone. Straight and level all the way, out of a Cessna 182 so not much traffic to be concerned about.

Got it. "We" are the people that can't recognize that sometimes systems don't work as intended.
"ME" is of the opinion that the right arm was unzipped, and it's very clear (to ME) in the video that it was attempted to "reach the brakes" (your words, not mine) but that didn't happen. The hand does not ever get above the 3ring, until we see a bare arm.

On the whole, it doesn't really matter; he lived to jump another day. Except that "we" are teaching selling newbies that they can rely on a system that isn't reliable.

*that* is me point. Then again, WTF do I know? I don't fly paragliders and I don't base jump, so I'm one of those lesser-than-we people.

Got it. "We" are the people that can't recognize that sometimes systems don't work as intended.
"ME" is of the opinion that the right arm was unzipped, and it's very clear (to ME) in the video that it was attempted to "reach the brakes" (your words, not mine) but that didn't happen. The hand does not ever get above the 3ring, until we see a bare arm.

On the whole, it doesn't really matter; he lived to jump another day. Except that "we" are teaching selling newbies that they can rely on a system that isn't reliable.

*that* is me point. Then again, WTF do I know? I don't fly paragliders and I don't base jump, so I'm one of those lesser-than-we people.

No. I think it's very important to recognize that these systems don't always work. That's one reason I like cutaways on my suits, as zippers aren't flawless. Then again, sometimes cutaways don't work either, right?

If you wanted to state that, state it. Don't beat around the bush. If you are going to be cryptic, expect responses as
such.

As such, 'We' apparently are the people that can't easily decipher your message and meaning.

And the comment about paragliders and base jumping is just silly.

As for the original poster, there is a base rig (not one that I have jumped) that allows you to reach your toggles no matter what suit.

Here:

http://www.flyyourbody.com/en/online-shop/base-jump/base-jump-rig.html

But again, that's advanced, as is most of this topic for your stage in the game. You wil learn through progression what will be right for yourself.

_justin

This me suddenly understand why we (not personally included in that we) start talking about fucking rainbows and imaginary beings so often here.
Jebus.

:D:D:D

Don't bring the whole topic of rainbows in here. That will really muddy the waters. Soon everyone will be arguing what glide ratio unicorns have.[:/]
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity