KrisFlyZ

Was V4; X-bird1 wing inflation issue

This is in reply to the OP and everyone else who thinks it was the suit that caused this.

Here we go again, my suit is better than your suit bla bla bla. Everyone is so quick to blame the equipment. The fact is this guy put himself into that roll. He pushed down on his right arm and air got on top of his wing causing him to roll. It's just that simple. He even admitted that. If you are starting to roll you don't push down on the downward wing you pull in the opposite wing to balance it. PILOT ERROR!!! Not suit fail.
The video was creatively edited. Why was it cut right at the point something was about to happen? Because it would then reveal what the pilot did. Put himself in a bad position.
I have many base jumps in both PF and TS suits they are both susceptible to unstable exits. In fact every suit is. The exit is the most critical part of the jump, and is very very easy to mess up.
People do this often on exit not always as badly as this guy did but it happens a lot. I guess this is a part of the ad campaign of PF. Spreading miss-information and lies about everyones products. Then they say how great theirs is. I know I've had enough and I know a lot of other jumpers that feel the same. It reminds me of when they chum the waters for sharks.

It so funny to see how this has been jumped on to the extent that PF put it on there FB page. Some of the comments about this have been so ignorant it is crazy.

Most of the people making comments have no clue because they don't even base jump. Sorry but the whole armchair quarterback shit is just that, SHIT!

IT'S NOT THE SUIT IT THE PILOT! Right? That's what you guys always say, until you can speak badly about your competition, then it's, Oh his suit must have failed. Get a life people. This is my first and last post on this forum.
I will continue to jump both my suits and always be ultra focused on exit.
The other thing is how many base jumps does this guy have?
It looks like he needs alot more practice!
Hello Dorkzone!!

Registering an anonymous account to post an attack on a jumper just to defend a product is pretty low, especially when most of what you posted is inaccurate.

Why not identify yourself and stand over what you say?

Some very experienced WS base jumpers have a different view here: http://www.basejumper.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=2948105;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
I suggest you go over there and explain to James and Matt how wrong they are.

I guess this is a part of the ad campaign of PF. Spreading miss-information and lies about everyones products. Then they say how great theirs is. I know I've had enough and I know a lot of other jumpers that feel the same. It reminds me of when they chum the waters for sharks.

It so funny to see how this has been jumped on to the extent that PF put it on there FB page. Some of the comments about this have been so ignorant it is crazy.

Hi basamajik

To confirm, we did not put this on our Facebook page. I have just checked the page and it seems someone else (not at all related to PF) has posted it to our wall. This would only be visible to those who visit the actual page, and not by all our fans in the way our own content would be seen.

I had not realised this had been posted as the display was set to our content only for admins.

I have now removed this from our wall as it is not appropriate for it to be on our page.

If anyone wishes to discuss this or any other matter further, as always, feel free to email me directly - [email protected]

Thanks

Macca
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I guess this is a part of the ad campaign of PF. Spreading miss-information and lies about everyones products. Then they say how great theirs is. I know I've had enough and I know a lot of other jumpers that feel the same. It reminds me of when they chum the waters for sharks.

It was NOT PF who posted it to their page, but I was the one who posted it on their page, my apologies. Simply passing along what the jumper had stated.
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

oh yea, and writing nasty, insulting PM's is not only immature, it shows your general level of intellect, it also shows what sort of person you are.

one can only expect it's jeff that's such a coward.
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I think most suits can handle a moderately shitty exit, which the video does not depict, fairly well. Look at Jebs now famous "grinding the crack" video. Thats about the worst wingsuit base exit ive seen in a while. Guess he just needs A LOT MORE PRACTICE as you say.

I think that this problem relates only to the low airspeed inflations associated with BASE exits and could apply to any suit.
With the speed and direction of the relative airflow when skydiving what you see in the video would not happen, there are some photos on Base Jumper.com that show a potential problem if the top of the vent opening is pushed against the suit either before exit of by the relative air just after. On a x wing vent, the arm wing fabric extends inside the vent to form an airlock to prevent the wing from de pressurising once inflated. The lower opening is stiffened but only by about an inch. As relative airflow on a base jump is initially directly at the wing, I think it is possible that the fabric under the stiffened vent opening can be pushed against the fabric of the airlock extending into the vent preventing proper inflation.

in reply to "Oh his suit must have failed. Get a life people. This is my first and last post on this forum. "

Why not hang around and give us a blast every now and then ;) .. we need it.

The idea that one suit is better than another is part of our sport. If you go basewingysuiting your choice of suit, at least initially , could save your life.

I've found it VERY informative to watch TS exits and compare them to PF ones.

There seems like a distinct tendency for worse exits with TS mattresses. Many of these flyers are new to the sport , just in from the States, even Mr Corliss's well advertised flights exhibit the ocassional kicking after a less than good exit. OK if you've got a 12 second rock drop. If its only 5??? you might eat the rock.

I have NEVER seen A PF leader kick their legs after exit like a heliboogie newbie. I'm sure they did it once or even twice , when they were learning .

Its a simple fact that TS suits and a lot of the people flying them , still have a bit of proving to do in the BASE world to catch up to PF suits experience and reputation.

Take it easy in them hills, and I'd recommend newbies to take a small wingsuit as well...at least till yoall stop kickin.....;)

If a suit displays a dangerous tendency to NOT WORK, then most of us are happy to hear about it no matter who made it.