Martini

V4

To confirm, all suits except V4 are at a 6 week build time.

Unfortunately, due to the extremely high demand for V4, the build time is at 5 months - though we are working hard to bring this time down as a matter of priority.

V4 is made in a separate production facility to ensure that it doesn't affect the lead times of our other suits.

If anyone has any questions, or wants any help at all, please feel free to contact me: [email protected]

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

What happened with the flapping while diving issue?

I just saw this happen yesterday, really suprised me, I was approaching from behind.... once on the ground the flyier was asking what was going with the tail.
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

What happened with the flapping while diving issue?

Shortly after production started, we discovered that in a very limited number of cases within a certain size of suit there was a potential manufacturing issue with the tail wing not remaining rigid when the suit was flown in a certain way in a steep dive.

All affected suits - to the best of our knowledge - have now been fixed free of charge.

This issue does not affect any newer V4's.

If anyone would like to discuss this further, please contact me: [email protected]

Thanks

Macca
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

My ghost3 does this, ive been tryiing my hardest to make it stop. All kinds of tension on the leg wing when it happens. Just when flying steep and fast... Is this something that can be fixed?

That sounds really weird. As so far every Ghost3 (or any suit from the past few years) has had nothing but solid inflation from belly up to headdown.
One thing to note (on any big suit/brand) is that longer legwings can 'choke' of the lower wing when bending knees up to far. Creating a sharp fold in the legwing, and not providing airflow/inflation to that part.
But related to your Ghost3 (and other owners will be able to attest to that) the suit is more over-inflated than under-pressurized, and flapping for sure should not happen.
If you have some video, or more information. Send macca or me an email, and we'll see if we can sort it out.

That aside. As this thread keeps amazing me.
If you have a question or issue with/for a manufacturer, mailing them directly (instead of posting on a forum) is definitely the classic, best and most straight forward way of getting an answer....
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

That aside. As this thread keeps amazing me.
If you have a question or issue with/for a manufacturer, mailing them directly (instead of posting on a forum) is definitely the classic, best and most straight forward way of getting an answer....

Generally I'd agree. In this case I was looking for input from people who had recently received a V4. I do understand though that orders put in now might not take as long as orders put in six months ago if production has ramped up.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

I agree that it's best to contact the manufacturer, but it's nice to have a group opinion and shared experience to know if an issue you are having is a common one, or it's just you flying like crap. I haven't seen any bashing at all on here, just sharing of experiences. Isn't that what we are supposed to be discussing in the forum? If I wasnt getting the same glide as someone in my v3, I wouldn't call up Robi right away, but that being said he is incredibly helpful and a great guy and I'm sure willing to answer any question about his suits

Shortly after posting this I sent a message to macca. I also got a quick message from Robert and have messaged him back with the details best I can describe. I am new to wingsuits and skydiving in general, so I have just assumed that i was doing something wrong and who knows I may still be.

I am in touch with the right man to sort this out. Thanks.

I posted publicly initially because I thought it was probably just me and someone was going to come along and say stop doing X. And like Hjumper said I didn't want to bug Robi when I thought I sucked (and probably do) at flying.

Does anyone know what the current lead time is on a V4?

My case (which must NOT be considered "the rule" but still it is what it is) is the following:
Took the measurements and placed the order at the end of first decade of may 2011.
Got my V4 at the beginning of 3rd decade of november 2001: about 6.5 months :(
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

Also, from postings here and from talking with other jumpers, the time to get a suit can be hampered (significantly so with some) by the dealer you use as they will hold onto orders or in some cases lose/forget. Macca (IIRC) responded to someone's post earlier this year who was inquiring about a long lead time, where the order actually went through two different dealers before getting to PF which added a huge amount of time to the whole process.

There was an issue with dealers in the past doing that but I would tell you that is not the case now. When someone buys a PF wingsuit through me it get submitted to PF the same day as long as it's financially squared away or a plan is discussed. I can confidently tell you that most (if not all) Phoenix-Fly dealers have similar practices, or submit orders within a reasonable amount of time. If you suspect otherwises contact Macca.

Mark
Base# 1638

I can confidently tell you that most (if not all) Phoenix-Fly dealers have similar practices, or submit orders within a reasonable amount of time. Mark

I can confidently tell you that not all PF dealers have similar practices, inquire before you order.

Can some tell my why people order through dealers? I have always bought my gear direct from the manufactures except in the case of my speedflying gear as the manufacturer does not sell direct to the public. Is there some kind of discount when you buy through a middle man? I know of a case recently when a dealer went bust and some customers lost out, I can't see the need.

As a dealer I'm an advocate for your order so nothing falls throught the cracks, I'm a point of contact to deal with situations when the factory is busy making suits, I make recommendations for suit choices (especially for less experienced WS pilots), and yes as a dealer I can work deals; especially with group buys.
Base# 1638

I ordered mine through my local dealer because it costs me the same either way, but if I order through him then he gets a cut. His full time job is skydiving/rigging/selling gear, so I thought it would be nice to help him make his living. I didn't have any issues with delivery time.
Flying Hellfish #470

Supergirl rocks!! She takes care of business :)

I know the comments were not toward me. No worries. I just commented to let people know Phoenix-Fly is very serious about good customer service. Robi, Macca and the whole PF family would not have it any other way.
Base# 1638