notsane

Flock and Dock 8.0

Damn. I always get those two confused.

Wait, I thought Da Vinci was the pizza guy??

yeah, but we call him Leonardo. He works with Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael :P

You guys gonna get him to finally come out of his shell?

Damn. I always get those two confused.

Wait, I thought Da Vinci was the pizza guy??

yeah, but we call him Leonardo. He works with Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael :P

You guys gonna get him to finally come out of his shell?

I thought the shell guy was Botticelli.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hey, didn't scientists think the world was flat?

It's actually really bumpy.

Actually, that entirely depends on your point of view.

If the Earth were shrunk down to the size of a billiard ball, it would actually be smoother than one.

According to the World Pool-Billiard Association, a pool ball is 2.25 inches in diameter, and has a tolerance of +/- 0.005 inches. The ratio of the size of an allowable bump to the size of the ball is 0.005 / 2.25 = about 0.0022.

The Earth has a diameter of about 12,735 kilometers. Earth would be an acceptable pool ball if it had no mountains or trenches more than 12,735 km x 0.00222 = about 28 km in size. The highest point on Earth is the top of Mt. Everest, at 8.85 km. The deepest point on Earth is the Marianas Trench, at about 11 km deep. Which is clearly within tolerance.

I still wouldn't want to climb Mt. Everest though ;) it's really bumpy ;)

If the Earth were shrunk down to the size of a billiard ball, it would actually be smoother than one.

According to the World Pool-Billiard Association, a pool ball is 2.25 inches in diameter, and has a tolerance of +/- 0.005 inches. The ratio of the size of an allowable bump to the size of the ball is 0.005 / 2.25 = about 0.0022.

The Earth has a diameter of about 12,735 kilometers. Earth would be an acceptable pool ball if it had no mountains or trenches more than 12,735 km x 0.00222 = about 28 km in size. The highest point on Earth is the top of Mt. Everest, at 8.85 km. The deepest point on Earth is the Marianas Trench, at about 11 km deep. Which is clearly within tolerance.

As a mechanical engineer (who spends a LOT of time doing tolerance analyses), I can really appreciate that, and I will admit I had not even considered it. Kudos.

But like you said, it depends on your point of view. And I'm a tiny little human who spends most of his time walking around this bumpy sphere, and sometimes hurtling towards it... and it definitely seems bumpy to me. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Yes, but...

Yeah, can we get a clarification on the dates. I've got a buddy coming over from Germany and I want to make sure that the dates listed on the Zhills website are correct.

Mar 20 - April 1 - Z-Flock 8.0 and the wingsuiters descend upon Skydive City for a weekend of 'guys in skirts' - fabulous flying and formations. See you there, contact Scott

http://skydivecity.com/html/calendar/index.html
~Migs~

On Facebook

If you are coming all the way from Germany you might fancy the next week in Deland for the Blue Skies Skydive Expo....once the expo is over we will have some wingsuit organizing over the weekend.

http://www.facebook.com/SkydiveExpo
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Yeah, can we get a clarification on the dates. I've got a buddy coming over from Germany and I want to make sure that the dates listed on the Zhills website are correct.

Mar 20 - April 1 - Z-Flock 8.0 and the wingsuiters descend upon Skydive City for a weekend of 'guys in skirts' - fabulous flying and formations. See you there, contact Scott

12 days is a LONG weekend

12 days is a LONG weekend

So has it been clarified exactly what the dates are?

I've been off dz.com for a while (I've been busy) ... so I'd like to bring everyone up to speed on the event.

We have operated the event in the past along with Morpheus Technologies. Beginning with Flock and Dock 8.0, Tony Suits will be sponsoring the event and handling the logistics ... so expect some exciting changes!

TK placed some dates on the website that aren't exactly right. 3/29 - 4/1 is the main event. Anything before that is flock-at-will, as it often is.

We will be posting additional information soon.

Scott Bland