KrisFlyZ

Thought Butters would like this

I feel bad. I told you before that you were tumbling instead of flatspinning and now I have to tell you that you were closer to flatspinning than corkscrewing ... ;) There are a couple of things I like about this though. You're wearing an appropriate wingsuit and trying new things!

PS: From the video I can give you some pointers for backflying. Straighten legs, push up hips, chin off chest ... good luck and have fun.

"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

actually the parts which "scares" me, is that you went wingsuiting off cliffs without basic aerobatic knowledge., and also that you do your first attemps at backflying in groups...

But hey, not blaming... We all do mistakes, and most often we come out unscathed... :)

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Thanks for the tips Butters and Jarno. I just need to put in the jumps. Our DZ has at lot of super solid back flyers and learning this skill allows for lots more types of jumps.

Butters, you should see Peter's perspective of the video before calling it 'flat spin'. He is traveling and on vacation so it may be a while before he gets to video editing.

Yeah..user error for sure :D. However, recovery in the V3 was waaaay easier.

Anyway, thought it was good entertainment. Maybe also good for showing what happens when no attempts are made to fix it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rXWdvgtYXA

is the second one.

Butters, you should see Peter's perspective of the video before calling it 'flat spin'.

I said 'closer to flatspinning'. ;) The advice was because I've noticed that new backflyers often default to the "chair" position due to comfort, security, etc... which can easily be corrected by following the previously mentioned advice.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch