Krollo

"Winter clothing" option on PF suits.

Hey!
Just ordered a V4 from phoenix fly. After months of experimenting with the colour tool I finaly became satisfied :P

My question:
How loose is the "loose-fit/winter clothing" option? Have anyone here chosen this option on their suits, if so how was the outcome?

The fit of PF suits is ment to be form-fitting and snug.
If you choose the winterclothing options, measurements will be made with room to fit thick winter clothing.

Unless you jump in norwegian winters a lot, the normal fit is recommended.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The fit of PF suits is ment to be form-fitting and snug.
If you choose the winterclothing options, measurements will be made with room to fit thick winter clothing.

Unless you jump in norwegian winters a lot, the normal fit is recommended.

What he just said :)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

My V4 is form fit and not winter cut. I am able to still fit under armour cold gear under the suit to stay warm. On really cold days on any of my WS I use the under armour cold gear base 3.0. I have jumped in 20F degree weather (-15F degrees at altitude) with a full face helmet and my only complaint was my hand (with gloves).

Congrat's on the new V4 and welcome to the club :)
Base# 1638

Lots of people have problems with too tight suits here in Norway and have to send it back. Here it can be -20degree celcius at groundlevel during wintertime. And this summer has been cold as well (somtimes just 5degrees).

So I would say go for the winter clothing option. (Remember when flying a wingsuit you can have up to 3min frefall time instead of 50sec)

Our suits?

They're designed to be pretty form fitting, and will give a little after a few jumps.

If it's as cold as that, and you know that you will need to jump many layers, then the winter clothing option would be sensible, otherwise regular fit is best.

I've had to send personal suits back for a little 'extra room' before... IN THE CROTCH AREA!* Hoo yah!

* This is not a true story.

probably another manufacturer, the PF facility has had zero returns the last year from Norway.

Aside from one V3 costumer who gained a few KG over the years, and wanted a little extra room..:P

Maybe you need to go thorugh the lists again. ;)

And also know some that sold suits because its too tight.
People in Norway easily take to tight measurements and regret that. No matter what brand or suit its nice to feel comfterble in the suit when flying it.

The factory keeps accurate logs of what they do. Butt by all means PM names so we can find the missing people. Ive so far only seen people here returning suits with the opposite problem, sleeves going 10 cm past the hands etc. But that wasnt on ours:P;)

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?