ove

No rumors yet?

With the added hassle, and high cost (instead of upgrading suit, you upgrade a full piece of gear including 'the rig') and potential for the movement of the wings actually deforming/moving the container and or its contents, I always do wonder how much difference the small ridges you dont have on the back are compared to some of the already incredible flat baserigs out there.

Seems like a lot of effort, especially seeing its done on a (compared to results from other products/manufacturer results with normal '2 piece' rig/wingsuits) only mid range model wingsuit.
With all that added work, the performance doesnt seem to go massive beyond what we see in any of the other suits currently used, and also create a lot of potential new problems with the pilotchute location/bridle routings etc that had been thought out/engenered through on current 2 piece setups with a rig/wingsuit.

For sure there are already plenty of stories out there about integrated rigs and deployment issues. Not saying its the case here, but seems like over-engenering beyond whats needed...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

...but seems like over-engenering beyond whats needed...

still a nice "exercice de style" :)Like if you go to a car-show, the cars people want to see are the concept-cars... It's not what they are going to drive, but still hope that someday the cars will have some of the features...

Not the first, and not the last integrated suit/rig. But it seems it was a "last year" trend already.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I always do wonder how much difference the small ridges you dont have on the back are compared to some of the already incredible flat baserigs out there.

During the World Base Race this summer Odd Martin (Tiger) was flying very steady with a time between 19:30 and 19:40 and jumping a BlackJack 260. In his last jump of the competition he switched to a low profile rig (Hybrid i believe) and his time was suddenly 18:66.

Not a huge difference, and it could be related to other stuff too, but it seems like increases are in around 0.5 to 1 second faster for everyone who switch on the 750 meter race.

The speed walking up the mountain on the other hand increases a lot more :)

-Jo Henrik

What I ment was...it would be like making a Phantom with integrated rig, while switching to a V3 or V4 would seem like a much easier/less complicated way to get a much bigger increase in performance.

Doing such an integrated rig on a suit design that (by itself) is at the maximum of performane possible seems to make a lot more sense than on smaller intermediate performance models.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

2-5% improvement when switching from "fat rig" to low profile container with low volume canopy seems reasonable.

I think the question was, what % improvement could one expect to switch from low profile container with low volume canopy to suit integrated container with the same canopy.

The only figures I've seem were calims of about 5%, however this seems excessive. The improvement is probably not worth the other drawbacks of such a design for people who have to pay for their own gear.

Another interesting question is how much does each gopro reduce performance? Do 3-4 gopros take more performance than is gained by integrated containers?

Doing such an integrated rig on a suit design that (by itself) is at the maximum of performane possible seems to make a lot more sense than on smaller intermediate performance models.

Starting on a smaller model makes sense for research and development ... ending on a larger model makes sense for production.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch