DSE

Regaining altitude...

I spent 5000m working on max speed, and my Ghost3 (which I definitely love and is a great suit with LOTS of potential in all fields) is definitely not as fast as an Apache, or the suits which were flown by Gé and Zune.

I know I still have to work on my skillz, but I would have needed a different arrow to match their performance... Or a weight belt :D

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

apache is a fast suit

dave flying apache beat ludo flying v4 which I saw personally

i wouldn't think ludo needs to work on his skills :S

it's just what it is :)

So much for Spot's bet and the brand war :-( what do we have so far: hips up, balls up, de-arch... All pretty much the same. Plus Butter's nuances with horizontal approach. Anything else?

With the Ghost 3, there are some tricks I have found to get the thing into "Ludicrous Speed" but the possibility is there. And on it's back... Watch out!

I know a couple of things too, but would like to hear your story. Always willing to learn. Thing is I needed to fly "rather flat" and fly fast horizontally...

P.S. the suits (and people) I tried to follow had as I said an Apache, and FYB new suits (don't think they are on he market yet), with nice big armwings, and rather LONG and thin legs (speedlegs). Lots of lift, lots of speed. So that was great arrows with very good indians. I didn't feel ashamed at all. Was glad they "only" beat me horizontally, and it was good to have to fly at high percentage of my capacities.
Jarno, you know that trend of "flying the smaller suit" at a higher percentage to fly with the bigger suits who don't max out... Well the feeling to fly a rather big suit at high percentage was really great :)

Ok heres another technique, or description of: Sprawl out.
Being a featherbutt in a "small" megasuit (SBird) going low isnt really an issue, but if I need to climb, the actual motion I use is rather like sprawling out flat facedown on a mattress with my face turned to the side. Maximum surface area minimum drag so I don't slow down and fall behind.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Is something wrong with...:S

I made a bet with a friend on Facebook that there could be an intelligent technical discussion in this forum. He bet there could not be.
I lose.[:/]

I was "wrong" to think this forum could achieve something outside of pitching product, bitching and brandwars.

I stand by Jerry Bird's advice, regardless of discipline.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yea...and the best way to assist in case of a heartattack is just for everyone to not have one. But still CPR is a vallueable thing to know.

You're quite full of usefull information lately...;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Yea...and the best way to assist in case of a heartattack is just for everyone to not have one. But still CPR is a vallueable thing to know.

I saw a drunken duck floating in the water fountain last week.

Why's everyone picking on Billvon lately? Somebody posted a pic of him doing just that next to what looked like some tugboats at some nasty industrial dock last week.
Theres no evidence he was drunk at the time.
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

I made a bet with a friend on Facebook that there could be an intelligent technical discussion in this forum. He bet there could not be.

I was "wrong" to think this forum could achieve something outside of pitching product, bitching and brandwars.
no, you were right, but it is not in this thread. :)

no, you were right, but it is not in this thread. :)

or this forum. wing suiting forum is definitely one to avoid the most next to speaker's corner

I don't think knowing CPR will help me if I have a heart attack, or help you if you have one.:P

However, exercise and a healthy diet will definitely be advantageous to everyone. Prevention IS better than cure.

Prevention IS better than cure.

Correct to a degree, though that is a different debate. But the very fact that you are comparing them means you recognize that they are different.

As such, you should also recognize that when someone asks you for the best cure (which makes it clear they are in a position where they need it i.e. past the point of prevention), responding with a description of a preventative method is inapplicable, unhelpful, and also quite smug.

For a more clear example, if a newbie asks you how to respond to a lineover that won't clear, and you tell him that "better packing prevents malfunctions," you haven't helped him at all.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Correct to a degree, though that is a different debate. But the very fact that you are comparing them means you recognize that they are different.

As such, you should also recognize that when someone asks you for the best cure (which makes it clear they are in a position where they need it i.e. past the point of prevention), responding with a description of a preventative method is inapplicable, unhelpful, and also quite smug.

For a more clear example, if a newbie asks you how to respond to a lineover that won't clear, and you tell him that "better packing prevents malfunctions," you haven't helped him at all.

I guess Jerry Bird just doesn't know as much as you about skydiving.

I guess Jerry Bird just doesn't know as much as you about skydiving.

I saw another duck. This one was pink instead of yellow.

How many wingsuit jumps does Jerry Bird have?
Or is this one of them inflate-able ducks again?;)

If we (like you also do with physics) interprete Jerry Birds awesome advice the wrong way, should we than also tell AFF students 'just don't have a malfunction' instead of teaching them EPs:D

Again...VERY interested in an actual answer, instead of commentary from the balcony of the muppet theaterB|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

How many wingsuit jumps does Jerry Bird have?
Or is this one of them inflate-able ducks again?;)

If we (like you also do with physics) interprete Jerry Birds awesome advice the wrong way, should we than also tell AFF students 'just don't have a malfunction' instead of teaching them EPs:D

Again...VERY interested in an actual answer, instead of commentary from the balcony of the muppet theaterB|

He wasn't talking about dealing with malfunctions, he was talking about going low. Please pay attention.:P