DSE

Regaining altitude...

It's unfortunate that it's amusing vs productive. [:/]
Could have been a useful thread, talking about flight techniques instead of brandwars, ducks, dicks, Birds, physics, ponies....

Yes, I'm sure that advice on how to fly to a formation without ending up below it would be very useful to a lot of beginning flockers:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yes, I'm sure that advice on how to fly to a formation without ending up below it would be very useful to a lot of beginning flockers:)

More blah blah blah non-answers from you.[:/]
I do think you've lost it.:S[:/][/crazy] If you can't backfly, don't know how to climb up, have to wear weights to fly with a group....maybe you never had it to begin with?
Tyranny of the glib sure works for ya tho!:D

+1 on the comments made by Matt Hoover and Scott Callentine.

Key qualifier is "how low" and "how much" do you need to get up; how much "time" you will need to do gain the "distance back up" ....back; in relation to how much to how much "time the dive has left"; and finally what is your relation to others in a formation.

If I find myself "low" but "fixable"; I make sure I'm OUTSIDE the formation. Then I "overcompensating" to be flat trying to go "beyond flat" into as much 'hug the beach ball" and "get the ass up"; keep head flat and looking to the side and making sure I can see the formation. Only then do I try to get back in. The last think I want to do is "cork" under a formation.

At some point in my mind; I must decide if the distance / time to accomplish this is too great; and the SAFEST thing to do is VECTOR OFF toward the planned opening area and planned altitiude for container opening. Usually I've got my head sideways and I'm keeping my eye that formation above me in my periphial vision so I don't fly right under it.