Napoleon Skydiving Center: Level 7 - Clearance Dive
By now all of this should be easy. Good luck. Once you complete this level, you're ready to skydive on your own (after buying the DZ a case of beer for your accomplishment).
- Demonstrate ability to inspect, don and adjust equipment correctly.
- Demonstrate ability to inspect and pack main canopy.
- Explain and demonstrate knowledge of RW safety procedures.
- Brief pilot and spot correctly without assistance.
- Perform a diving exit (solo, no-contact --- maintain or recover control).
- Intentional front loop.
- Chain of controlled maneuvers.
- Wave off, then pull at or above 3000 feet.
- Land within 25 meters of target without radio assistance.
Roach Hotel Check
C-182 Prop, Up, Down, Arch; Otter Center, Out, In, Arch.
Solo Diving Exit
Performed by diving head first from the aircraft. Immediately arch and extend arms out over head to the ``superman'' position. Recover back to the boxman position.
Performed by pulling arms to sides and bending sharply forward at waist while ``kicking'' legs straight at knees. Recover to boxman position as you see green again.
Perform two alternating 360 degree turns followed by a backloop.
Track: until 4500 feet.
Wave Off: by 3500 feet.
Pull: by 3000 feet.
Primary Canopy Check: Shape, Spin, Speed, Twist.
Secondary Canopy Check: Slider, Endcells, Tears, Lines.
Controllability Check: turns and flares OK.
Canopy Control: halfway down, halfway back.
Setup For Landing: Downwind at 1000', Base at 500', Final at 200'.
Flare: at 10', feet and knees together, PLF if necessary.
Collapse the Canopy, Field Pack, and Return.