Skydive Tuskegee Hosting Fundraiser for Wounded Warrior
Tuskegee, AL – On a vehicle patrol in the Korengal Valley, Afghanistan, on December 27th, 2007, SPC Jesse Murphree was ambushed in an IED attack. He was part of the 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team stationed out of Vicenza, Italy; made famous by the movies “Restrepo” and “Korengal” by Sebastian Junger. The IED attack resulted in 60 surgeries and counting, 6 ‘deaths’ on the operating table, and the amputation of both legs above the knee; among other injuries. Jesse has had a long and ongoing recovery. Every day is progress in his recovery.
Now, what better way to help an American Hero feel free, and serve as hope to others who still want to live their life to the fullest? For Jesse, it is SKYDIVING! As a paratrooper who has made several static line jumps with the army, Jesse wants to return to the sky and in a big way. Showing nothing can hold him back and hoping to inspire others to achieve their goals.
The plan is simple: Operation Enduring Warrior – Skydive is teaming up with AXIS Flight School and Skydive Arizona to get him the proper special training that he needs. The problem is paying for the costs of his traveling and gear. Jesse needs specialized gear. He also lives in Tampa, Fl.
To help with the costs associated with getting Jesse to become a licensed skydiver, there will be a fundraising event at Skydive Tuskegee in Tuskegee, AL on July 12th and 13th. Everyone from the most experienced skydiver to a first time tandem jumper to someone wanting to keep their feet on the ground is welcome to the event. The activities will include Angle and Free Flying with Andrew Pye, Swoop ‘N Chug, Accuracy, Tattoo Raffle, Gear Raffles, Games, Door Prizes, Motorcycle Stunts, Saturday Night Dinner with a Smoked Whole Hog and Bonfire, and much more. Like and share our Facebook Page for more information.
Our Facebook page is located at: www.facebook.com/JumpingWithJesse
To donate to Jumping With Jesse go to: fundly.com/jumping-with-jesse
For any more information or sponsorship opportunity, please contact:
Tyler Nelson, Jumping With Jesse Creator
Cell: (762) 241-8544
More articles in this category:
- Squirrel Releases C-Race For Advanced Pilots - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2015-10-27)
- Spectra Ripcord Service Bulletin - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2015-06-25)
- Swoop Style Masters at the Scalaria Air Challenge 10th Anniversary - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2015-06-12)
- Sunshine Superman - Press Release - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2015-04-15)
- 1st FAI World Cup of Wingsuit Performance Flying - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2015-03-24)
- 12 Skydivers and Pilot Survive Plane Crash - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2015-01-08)
- iFly Announces San Diego Wind Tunnel - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2014-11-07)
- Midwest skydivers reunion set for Labor Day Weekend - by (Posted: 2014-08-04)