International Swoop League Competition 2014 - Results
The Dubai International Swoop League (DISL) organised by Skydive Dubai and The Emirates Aerosports Federation (EAF), ended with a bang in April 2014. DISL is a platform that provides skydivers with a controlled and safe learning environment to better understand how to handle parachutes. In skydiving the most dangerous part of the sport is learning how to pilot and land parachutes safely, with the advancements in technology skydivers need to ensure they stay abreast of all the new criteria.
The 5th and final meet of the year brought together a total of 38 participants from UAE, USA, UK, Qatar, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia, Russia, Yemen, Romania and South America, all competing for the top spot. DISL consists of three categories that skydivers can compete in; PRO, Intermediate and Beginner. Skydive Dubai gave away $2500 for first place, $2000 for second place, and $1500 for third place in each category, the highest cash prizes available for this type of competition around the world.
“Skydive Dubai has the best training facilities in the world for all disciplines in skydiving. We want to create fun learning experiences for anyone living or traveling to Dubai for skydiving.” Said Patrick Kaye, Athlete and Canopy Piloting Team Leader, Skydive Dubai.
With the ongoing support of Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, His Excellency Nasser Al Nayadi and Raul Bocanegra, DZM of the Desert Campus, DISL continues to be an expanding stage of knowledge and skill. This year’s meets were judged by the FAI Emirates Aero sports federation.
PRO:1st Place: Pablo Hernandez
2nd Place: Billy Sharman
3rd Place: Patrick Kaye
INTERMEDIATE:1st Place: Darius Turcinskas
2nd Place: Laszlo Csizmadia
3rd Place: Ashton Wood
BEGINNER:1st Place: Jarret Martin
2nd Place: Oliver Noel
3rd Place: Henrik Koskela
Billy Sharman, second place winning in the pro category stated, “The DISL is a superb competition, the entire Skydive Dubai family should be very proud to have such a fun and very well organized event as part of their event schedule.”
Skydive Dubai Desert Campus cordially invites all Skydivers from around the world to participate in the 2015 season which will begin in December 2014. Once again, 5 competitions will run throughout the season, one per month, until April 2015. Anyone with a B license can participate and each competition will have 3 levels of experience in order to cater to all levels of canopy piloting.
For more information, please follow the Skydive Dubai Desert Campus Facebook page or contact any member of the Skydive Dubai Swoop Team or staff member at the Skydive Dubai Desert Campus.
More articles in this category:
- iFly Announces San Diego Wind Tunnel - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2014-11-07)
- Midwest skydivers reunion set for Labor Day Weekend - by (Posted: 2014-08-04)
- Around The Bonfire - Share Your Stories - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2014-07-29)
- Skydive Tuskegee Hosting Fundraiser for Wounded Warrior - by Tyler Nelson (Posted: 2014-06-24)
- International Swoop League Competition 2014 - Results - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2014-06-05)
- Skydive Ultra 2014 - What is your next adventure - by Mark Butler (Posted: 2013-11-26)
- New iFly Indoor Skydiving Center Opens in Dallas, TX - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2013-11-20)
- Eugene Skydivers and City of Creswell Find Common Ground - by Ronn Crow (Posted: 2013-09-02)