Plans for Middletown Wind Tunnel Announced
The expansion of iFly indoor skydiving centers continues, this time with development planned for the Middletown, Ohio area. Start Aviation LLC and iFly Corp recently signed an agreement that would see a vertical wind tunnel build in Middleton. Though the exact location of where the tunnel will be built is still undecided, Middle Regional Airport has been listed as a potential location.
Start Aviation LLC is the operator of Start Skydiving, a dropzone that has in recent years shown itself to be one of the best in the country, while iFly has shown its dominance in the global wind tunnel market with more than 20 wind tunnels located around the world, and the company continuing to show impressive growth.
While still in the early stages, aspects of the project have been released; such as the plans for the indoor skydiving location to include a restaurant, classroom and an office.
With the development of the Middletown tunnel, there will be a total of 15 iFly tunnels in the United States, several of which have been established in the past couple years. With the next closest tunnel being located in Chicago, the city hopes that the new attraction will bring in visitors from surrounding locations.
More articles in this category:
- Polish Skydiving Plane Accident Kills Eleven - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2014-07-07)
- Seven Years In Nepal – The Story of Everest Skydive - by Tom Noonan (Posted: 2014-06-10)
- Wind Tunnel Listings Added to Dropzone.com - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2014-04-14)
- Ernesto Gainza Aims to Break Record By Landing Smallest Parachute - by (Posted: 2014-04-03)
- History of Women in Skydiving - by Naomi Bolton (Posted: 2014-03-31)
- Flight-1 New Course Offerings - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2014-03-26)
- Plans for Middletown Wind Tunnel Announced - by Bryn De Kocks (Posted: 2014-02-06)
- Andrey Veselov - Featured Photographer - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2014-01-31)