Plans for Middletown Wind Tunnel Announced
The expansion of iFly indoor skydiving centers continues, this time with development planned for the Middletown, Ohio area. Start Aviation LLC and iFly Corp recently signed an agreement that would see a vertical wind tunnel build in Middleton. Though the exact location of where the tunnel will be built is still undecided, Middle Regional Airport has been listed as a potential location.
Start Aviation LLC is the operator of Start Skydiving, a dropzone that has in recent years shown itself to be one of the best in the country, while iFly has shown its dominance in the global wind tunnel market with more than 20 wind tunnels located around the world, and the company continuing to show impressive growth.
While still in the early stages, aspects of the project have been released; such as the plans for the indoor skydiving location to include a restaurant, classroom and an office.
With the development of the Middletown tunnel, there will be a total of 15 iFly tunnels in the United States, several of which have been established in the past couple years. With the next closest tunnel being located in Chicago, the city hopes that the new attraction will bring in visitors from surrounding locations.
More articles in this category:
- 10 Gift Ideas for Skydivers 2017 - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2017-11-15)
- Case Study: How to Make A Really Good Life In Skydiving - by Annette O'Neil (Posted: 2017-11-10)
- 4 Reasons You Need to Escape Wintertime and Jump in South Africa - by Annette O'Neil (Posted: 2017-10-05)
- Why You Should Give Yoga A Chance - Part 1 - by Annette O'Neil (Posted: 2017-05-23)
- The Power of the Flare - by Bryn De Kocks (Posted: 2017-05-17)
- Eating (And Breathing) Your Way to Peak Airsports Performance - Part 2 - by Annette O'Neil (Posted: 2017-05-03)
- Eating (And Breathing) Your Way to Peak Airsports Performance - by Annette O'Neil (Posted: 2017-04-19)
- Angled Wingsuit Windtunnel To Open in Stockholm - by Joel Strickland (Posted: 2017-03-08)