Andrey Veselov - Featured Photographer
Andrey Veselov is an extremely skilled photographer, whose first taste at professional skydiving camera work began when he invited as a ground videographer for the Russian National Formation Skydiving Team; a few years after beginning skydiving in the Russian Airborne Army. His heart however always lay in photography and it wasn't long before he had a Kiev-19 camera attached to an anatomical helmet he made and was taking photographs of 4-way and 8-way teams.
He later became a professional cinematographer and photographer with involvement in numerous world record team jumps around the world.
Andrey, who runs skyphoto.ru has captured skydiving photographs in the remotest and most unique of areas, from Micronesia to Siberia and the North Pole. He boasts an unbelievable portfolio of thousands of world class images and has over 13 000 jumps to his name.
Every year he participates as a Captain and a Camera Team member in various international big-way events.
He is also the winner of various awards including the 1997 Interphoto contest of professional photography, where he took first place in the "sport-singles and series" category and the "best photography of the year / grand prix". He also claimed first place in the Canon Photo Contest in 2001.
Be sure to check out the amazing work Andrey has submitted to dropzone.com
More articles in this category:
- 10 Gift Ideas for Skydivers 2017 - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2017-11-15)
- Case Study: How to Make A Really Good Life In Skydiving - by Annette O'Neil (Posted: 2017-11-10)
- 4 Reasons You Need to Escape Wintertime and Jump in South Africa - by Annette O'Neil (Posted: 2017-10-05)
- Why You Should Give Yoga A Chance - Part 1 - by Annette O'Neil (Posted: 2017-05-23)
- The Power of the Flare - by Bryn De Kocks (Posted: 2017-05-17)
- Eating (And Breathing) Your Way to Peak Airsports Performance - Part 2 - by Annette O'Neil (Posted: 2017-05-03)
- Eating (And Breathing) Your Way to Peak Airsports Performance - by Annette O'Neil (Posted: 2017-04-19)
- Angled Wingsuit Windtunnel To Open in Stockholm - by Joel Strickland (Posted: 2017-03-08)