Fluid Wings Announce Prime Hybrid Canopy
Fluid Wings is a new and innovative company based in DeLand, Florida - which is aiming to close the gap between the parachuting, speed flying and paragliding. The company was born through a love of human flight, and focus on an engineering-based approach. Fluid Wings draws from the expertise of Scott Roberts, a skydiver with over 15 years experience, who has been competing for more than a decade; Kevin Hintze, an active pilot, paraglider, speedflying instructor and test pilot; as well as Shane Shaffer, chief test pilot and production lead.
From the first of June this year, Fluid Wings will begin production on their newest main - The Prime. The Prime will be a 9-cell hybrid main, available initially in sizes from 150-190 square foot in a combination of ZP and low porosity nylon. The canopy is aiming to provide pilots with a fun and predictable flight, with focus also being placed on how easy it is to pack. The Prime will look to cater to jumpers of all experience, being easy enough to handle for newer jumpers, while still being responsive enough to be fun for the more advanced skydivers. Stock colors are Royal Blue top skin and stabilizers, with a white bottom skin and ribs. Please note that bottom and rib colors are limited to white due to color section of low bulk fabric. The canopy ships with Vectran lines and soft-link connectors, with a low-bulk option packing up to a size smaller is also available.
“The Prime is responsive and playful, while still easy to manage. It has a good glide for those long spots, with a nice strong flare for tip-toe landings,” said Scott Roberts of Fluid Wings. “We like her a lot and think jumpers will too!”
The Prime will retail for $2090 with all options. You can contact Fluid Wings at email@example.com for more information, purchases or demo requests.
Buy your Gear from these Trusted Stores:
More articles in this category:
- The GoHawk - GoPro Expansion Pack - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2016-06-09)
- Aerodyne Release Pilot7 Canopy - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2016-04-19)
- Four-Armed is Forewarned - by DSE (Posted: 2016-03-08)
- Introducing The Safire 3 by NZ Aerosports - by (Posted: 2016-02-15)
- First Look At The Squirrel Swift 2 - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2016-01-28)
- Parachute Systems Service Bulletin for Vortex Container - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2016-01-06)
- Squirrel Reveal Wingsuit Targeted Epicene Canopy - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2015-07-14)
- Robert Harris Explains His Homemade Wingsuit Project - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2015-07-06)