Aerodyne re-invents itself with a stronger focus on the sport market
Anderson sees this change of ownership as an opportunity to put together a new and modern manufacturing facility, which will not have a mix of military and sport products. This means both engineering and production can focus on common goals and objectives. "It will allow us to concentrate our efforts and become one of the bigger players in the sport market", predicts Anderson.
Aerodyne's sales so far this year have been above projected forecasts and the company attributes this to the ability of providing stock canopies at a lower price than custom, as well as to the carefully maintained stock levels. Over the summer the company will run a pilot program to sell stock Icon harness-container systems. These will have fully articulated (hip and chest rings) harnesses, which will be custom finished for the customer's body size.
Anderson: "We believe we are one of the few manufacturers capable of doing this due to the unique geometry of the Icon harness. It is also important to recognize that the Icon comes standard with all popular features, so there is no need to order additional options. These stock Icons will have everything from stainless steel hardware to spacer foam back pads."
For the most part it is business as usual. Aerodyne anticipates strong sales of stock over the summer again, as experienced in past seasons, and this will give the possibility of ramping up the new facility so as to address custom orders later in the year. It would seem that in the summer, when the weather is good, people want their gear as soon as possible and only "now" will do for them… We believe that our typical Pilot, Smart & Icon combination from one source and with a single order from stock, will present customers and distributors with the best alternative when choosing their new equipment this summer.
More articles in this category:
- GoPro Hero 3 - Firmware Update and Stability Issues - by (Posted: 2013-04-09)
- Replay XD: Is it the New Generation of Skydiving Camera - by DSE (Posted: 2013-03-25)
- The Return of BIRDMAN - by (Posted: 2013-03-19)
- Apache Wingsuit Modifications - by DSE (Posted: 2013-02-04)
- Inside Squirrel Wingsuits - by (Posted: 2013-01-21)
- Oregon Scientific ATC Chameleon Review - by Douglas Spotted Eagle (Posted: 2012-12-18)
- Drift Innovation Release Drift HD Ghost - by (Posted: 2012-11-14)
- Best POV Action Camera Shootout: 6 Challengers Reviewed - by Douglas Spotted Eagle (Posted: 2012-11-11)