Skydive Expo 2012
We had so much fun in 2010 that we are doing it again in 2012 – except this time with much better weather! Skydive Expo will be a 6-day gear extravaganza of fun and education—seminars, manufacturers, world-class organizing, and jumping. The people who make your gear want to meet you and share all they know about their products. It’s a fun, informal event filled with education, skydiving, and skydivers.
The heart of the Skydive Expo is the expo itself; manufacturers from around the world will be here at low-pressure booths to answer your questions and show you their gear. Even better, you’ll be able to walk over to Skydive DeLand to test out what they show you! There will be seminars on a wide range of topics such as packing, maintenance, new gear features, and more. Organizers will be here putting together low-key, small, pick-up style jumps--no high pressure dirt diving or fear of getting cut here.
Gear manufacturers love going to boogies because they’re the perfect environment to answer your questions, teach you about their products, meet jumpers, and have fun. All the manufacturers wanted to get together with that low-key vibe in one place, at a world-class drop zone where you can actually jump the products you’re learning about!
Who is doing this?
Gear manufacturers from around the world are organizing the Skydive Expo. This isn’t an event to sell you gear (no sales are allowed at Expo, so don’t worry about being pressured to buy anything); we just want you to learn all you can about your gear. Period. The Skydive Expo is all about safety and education.
In Honor of Ted Strong, D-16, April 7, 1936 - October 14, 2011
Ted was one of the creators of the skydiving industry, and he strived to improve the industry that he loved without seeking fame or credit. He just wanted a safer and more inviting environment for everybody to enjoy and experience skydiving the way he did. He saw a need for education that is accessible to all sport skydivers – and what better way to do that than a jumping event where people learned about their gear. To that end, Ted helped draft the original guidelines of the Skydive Expo. We’ll honor Ted’s memory at the 2012 Skydive Expo in many ways—not least of which will be sharing safety, education, and fun with sport skydivers from around the world.
So now would probably be a good time to let your boss know that you need some time off, and book your tickets to DeLand, Florida for April 3-8, 2012. Bring your gear, a thirsty mind, and be ready to have an awesome time. For more information, visit our website, www.skydiveexpo.com, or like our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/skydiveexpo.
More articles in this category:
- 2nd FAI World Cup of Wingsuit Flying - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2017-08-29)
- Jump-Tandem Festival 2017 Report - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2017-07-31)
- World Cup of Indoor Skydiving 2016 - Part 2 - by Joel Strickland (Posted: 2016-10-19)
- World Cup of Indoor Skydiving 2016 - Part 1 - by Joel Strickland (Posted: 2016-10-13)
- World Parachuting Championships 2016 - Wrap Up - by Joel Strickland (Posted: 2016-09-23)
- World Parachuting Championships 2016 - Day 4 Update - by Joel Strickland (Posted: 2016-09-17)
- World Parachuting Championships 2016 - Introduction - by Joel Strickland (Posted: 2016-09-14)
- Polish 100-Way National Record - by Kuba Konwent and Marta Molińska (Posted: 2015-08-16)