SkyVenture Colorado Ground BreakingBy Norm Rosendale on 2005-06-27
The facility design is a 1200 Hp. vertical wind tunnel for the entertainment and training of skydivers of all ages. The Colorado sky diving community has been waiting for construction and completion of the tunnel for approx. three years.
Mayor Jack O'Boyle, Mayor of Lone Tree, believes the addition of SkyVenture along with Brunswick bowling and miniature golf in the Entertainment District of Lone Tree will bolster the plan for district development
SkyVenture Colorado is looking forward to becoming a full fledge member of the skydiving community. For those divers wondering about the high altitude and the cold weather of Colorado, don't worry. The recirculating 1200 Hp will provide all the climate and wind necessary for excellent flying.
SkyVenture will employ both full and part time instructors along with support staff.
More articles in this category:
- Skydive Sibson re-launches as Skydive Airkix - by David Turner (Posted: 2008-01-14)
- Skyventure Wind Tunnel for Montreal - by (Posted: 2007-05-28)
- Iran's first Skydive Centre - by (Posted: 2007-05-18)
- SkyVenture Colorado on Track - by Mary SantAngelo (Posted: 2005-12-05)
- Skydive Arizona Files Lawsuit Against Skyride - by Betsy Barnhouse (Posted: 2005-09-14)
- SkyVenture Colorado Ground Breaking - by Norm Rosendale (Posted: 2005-06-27)
- World's Largest Wind Tunnel to Open in the UK this Summer - by Beverly Fairhurst (Posted: 2005-05-28)
- Skydive Arizona Tunnel Construction Underway! - by Axel Zohmann (Posted: 2004-11-08)