Fire guts Skydive Cape TownBy on 2002-04-22
"Details are still sketchy, but we suspect that it was arson," he said. "There is no electricity or any other power supply that could have caused the fire."
A number of homeless people live in the dense vegetation along the West Coast Road in the immediate vicinity, but no witnesses have yet come forward.
Equipment lost in the fire includes:
- 11 Vector Tandem Rigs
- 12 Student Rigs
- Cessna 206
- Cessna 182
- Video Equipment
- Private gear of more than 20 members.
- The whole hangar
Skydive Cape Town www.skydivecapetown.za.net
More articles in this category:
- Skydive Sibson re-launches as Skydive Airkix - by David Turner (Posted: 2008-01-14)
- Skyventure Wind Tunnel for Montreal - by (Posted: 2007-05-28)
- Iran's first Skydive Centre - by (Posted: 2007-05-18)
- SkyVenture Colorado on Track - by Mary SantAngelo (Posted: 2005-12-05)
- Skydive Arizona Files Lawsuit Against Skyride - by Betsy Barnhouse (Posted: 2005-09-14)
- SkyVenture Colorado Ground Breaking - by Norm Rosendale (Posted: 2005-06-27)
- World's Largest Wind Tunnel to Open in the UK this Summer - by Beverly Fairhurst (Posted: 2005-05-28)
- Skydive Arizona Tunnel Construction Underway! - by Axel Zohmann (Posted: 2004-11-08)