Fifth Annual Freefly Money Meet at Skydive ArizonaBy Amy Chmelecki on 2007-02-21
It is hard for me to believe that the Freefly $ Meet at Skydive Arizona is about to turn a half of decade old. I guess time does fly when you are having fun! Over the years this meet has evolved to be the biggest freefly competition around. Last year there were over 60 competitors involved in the freefly scrambles. Every year the event has grown. I am looking forward to seeing how many people attend in 2007.
This very unique style competition is a great way to meet new people, jump with them as well as compete against them. The event is a 2-way freefly scrambles. In each of five rounds you will be randomly matched with a different partner of similar flying ability. Your partner in each round will be competing against you on other teams during the other rounds.
A sequence of compulsory moves will be drawn from the dive pool below. Each round will have a different draw. You and your partner for that round gain one point each time you correctly perform a move in the order of the draw.
A video pool camera flyer will record the dives.
Your score for each round will be added up. The person with the highest score wins.
This style competition is much more about learning, having fun and meeting new people, then it is about hard core competition. It is a platform that allows you to be completive, but the pressure is off because so much of the event depends on the luck of the draw.
During the Saturday night of the competition there will be a party under the new circus tent outside of the Bent Prop Saloon.
Below is a list of the rules and the event schedule. If you have any question about the weekend e-mail me (Amy) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More articles in this category:
- Latin American Championships of Formation Skydiving - by Simon Zalimben (Posted: 2013-12-09)
- Win an Action Cam Bundle Worth Over $850- Share Your Event Experience - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2013-10-31)
- World Cup of Canopy Piloting Results - by Carrie Transue (Posted: 2013-09-05)
- IFly Seattle - 2nd Annual IBA Tunnel Competition - by (Posted: 2013-03-05)
- Para-Gear Catalog #78 - Photo Submission Contest - by (Posted: 2013-02-25)
- 2012 USPA Nationals - Standings and Results - by Bryn De Kocks (Posted: 2012-10-23)
- World Wingsuit League - Results - by Bryn De Kocks (Posted: 2012-10-18)
- Para-Gear Photo Submissions For Catalog #77 - by (Posted: 2012-02-07)