Exciting Americas Cup Competition at Skydive SebastianBy Kurt Gaebel on 2000-04-03
Arizona Airspeed Vertical managed again to hold off the challenging DeLand Norgies, the Golden Knights and DeLand PD Blue. At no time during the six-round competition was the difference between the team on first place and on fourth place was more than four points. None of these four world class teams ever slipped without coming right back.
Each team had flaws here and there, but the consistency of the performances and the scoring was very impressive. And all of this while judge Ted Wagner permitted no mistakes, not even a whisper. The results of this meet are already indicating that the U.S. will have a very strong contender at this year's World Cup and next year's World Championship trying to bring the gold medal in 4-way back to the United States.
It was amazing to see how far these four and other teams (Optic Nerve, Airspeed Zulu) already are this early in the season. The Norgies and PD Blue repeated their outstanding performance they already displayed last weekend at the FSL meet in Zephyrhills. PD Blue even stepped up with the pace, but lost four points due to penalties. The Golden Knights and Airspeed Vertical improved their last shown averages at meets by two points.
More articles in this category:
- Latin American Championships of Formation Skydiving - by Simon Zalimben (Posted: 2013-12-09)
- Win an Action Cam Bundle Worth Over $850- Share Your Event Experience - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2013-10-31)
- World Cup of Canopy Piloting Results - by Carrie Transue (Posted: 2013-09-05)
- IFly Seattle - 2nd Annual IBA Tunnel Competition - by (Posted: 2013-03-05)
- Para-Gear Catalog #78 - Photo Submission Contest - by (Posted: 2013-02-25)
- 2012 USPA Nationals - Standings and Results - by Bryn De Kocks (Posted: 2012-10-23)
- World Wingsuit League - Results - by Bryn De Kocks (Posted: 2012-10-18)
- Para-Gear Photo Submissions For Catalog #77 - by (Posted: 2012-02-07)