1st Annual M.O.A.B. Boogie. Mother Of All Boogies.
Skydive Moab opened it's doors in November of 2003. It's a small dz, catering mostly to tandem jumpers and the occasional up-jumper passing through Moab. Despite being a "small time" dropzone (or maybe because of )newbies and experienced jumpers alike, leave with an experience to remember! Skydive Moab offers a family and friends atmosphere and scenery to "jump" for! The landscape also offers unique opportunities that "we think will take the sport to the next level."
And now, after less than one year of operations, Skydive Moab is teaming up with Skydive Arizona to hold the Mother of All Boogies (MOAB) on October 1-3. In addition to being a fun acronym, we really want this boogie to live up to its name, we are already planning for it to be an annual event. Skydive Arizona will bring their A100 King Air (or a Super Otter if enough skydivers pre-register) and some additional event staff for organizing and manifesting.
What will truly make this event unique are the specialty jumps that will be offered. Not specialty aircraft, but new and exciting landing sites. The MOAB Boogie will offer one of a kind jumping into scenic 1200ft canyons over the Colorado and Green Rivers. The Moab landscape offers amazing opportunities for thrilling cross country and tracking dives, swoops and more. One of the special landing sites will be the Red Cliffs Adventure Lodge and another will be in a popular BASE jumping area.
During the three-day boogie, jumping will take place at the Moab Airport (4500ft) with specialty jumps being offered at sunrise and sunset. Throughout the day there will be load organizing for freefly, RW, hybrid and birdman flyers, by TJ Langren from the AZ Training Center, Jay Epstein of Adrenaline Exploits, and others. Performance Designs and Aerodyne Research will both be at the boogie with demo canopies. There will be indoor, air-conditioned packing and a rigger on-site. A local deli will also be on site to keep everyone well fed and we'll also have plenty of Go Fast on hand to keep energy levels high! Saturday evening there will be an outrageous party, which promises to be anything but boring, with a DJ and camping in a remote canyon.
There are already plans for a boogie video that will be compiled from everyone's footage, so, "Bring your cameras!" A local adventure production company, BarkingFrog Productions, will put the video together. The proceeds from the video will go towards making the MOAB boogie bigger and better in the years to come, including the addition of a canopy skills camp and a swoop meet.
Pre-registration for the 1st Annual MOAB Boogie is available until September 17th at a discounted rate. For more information contact Skydive Moab at 435-259-JUMP or skydivemoab.com
More articles in this category:
- Flanders Boogie 2017: World Class Organizers, Cheap Jumps and Belgian Summer - by Damian Alvarez (Posted: 2017-09-13)
- African Sky Blue - Skydive Dianiís 3rd Anniversary Boogie (Part 2) - by Annette O'Neil (Posted: 2017-03-14)
- African Sky Blue - Skydive Dianiís 3rd Anniversary Boogie (Part 1) - by Annette O'Neil (Posted: 2017-03-13)
- ChutingStar Boogie Schedule - by Dropzone.com (Posted: 2016-05-30)
- Vector Fest 2016 - by Dropzone.com Administrator (Posted: 2016-05-27)
- Come to the Sun and Boogie at Dubai Winter Festival '15 - by Skydive Dubai - SeŠn Hahessy (Posted: 2015-11-09)
- Sky Camp Halloween Party - by Kuba Konwent (Posted: 2015-11-05)
- Report From Baltic Boogie 2015 - by Kuba Konwent and Marta Molinska (Posted: 2015-07-30)