I am suspicious about a user, what should I do
Do not contact the site admin. We can not provide you with more information than what you can find below:
- Read the Security and Scam Alerts forum. If we've had a complaint about a user it's likely to be logged here.
- Read about different scams in the Security and Scams Help Section. Make sure you understand how these common scams work.
- Look at the user's profile. This is the information the user opted to make public. Look at the registration date, how active has the person been on the site. Ask questions!
Before you enter into any transaction, ask a LOT of questions! As skydiving specific questions that will be hard for a non-skydiver to answer. Do your best to find out who's on the other side.
When in doubt, cut it out. If you "feel" suspicious about a potential buyer or seller, it may be better to avoid the hassle and move on.Use your common sense!
I would like to file a compliant about nathan bridenbaugh <email@example.com> he bought an altimeter from my wife and I. He paid us through PayPal we thought things were fine. Time passed now he accusing us of fraud and saying the altimeter is full of sand. My wife used it the last time she jumped. I told him to send it back and I would refund his money, He returned the EMPTY packaging. I would like to warn other sellers on Dropzone to beware of him.
Kevin & Jean
More articles in this category:
- Classified Scams - by (Posted: 2012-05-17)
- Who should I notify about fraud or scam attempts - by sangiro (Posted: 2007-08-15)
- Can you send me more information about a user - by sangiro (Posted: 2006-08-23)
- I am suspicious about a user, what should I do - by sangiro (Posted: 2006-08-23)
- Classifieds Buyer Scams - by sangiro (Posted: 2005-07-11)
- Classifieds Seller Scams - by sangiro (Posted: 2005-07-11)