Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
DB Cooper

 

First page Previous page 1 ... 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 ... 2180 Next page Last page  View All

skyjack71

Aug 12, 2013, 10:15 AM
Post #45676 of 54483 (23586 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Frenchman's Bar [In reply to] Can't Post

 

Shutter stated:
Jo, I never said they were the same. how can it be east of Tena Bar?

Jo Replies:
Remember that I cannot position myself EAST and WEST in Washington. When I state EAST from Tena's bar I mean back toward the Bridge and Back toward Vancouver.
I do NOT keep a map of the area infront of me....I have tried to explain this before. To me standing on Tena's bar facing across the Columbia - East is to my left and West is to my right and infront of me is South and to the back is North.

I have had to explain this before, but that is OK. One has to just GET what I am trying to say sometimes. Before I had to explain my position in reference to Tena's bar. I now realized this confuses others as to what I am saying. Not the first time it has come up. Guess I need to get a map of the area and put it on the wall infront of the computer...so I can get directional comments correct.


(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Aug 12, 2013, 10:17 AM)

mrshutter45

Aug 12, 2013, 10:17 AM
Post #45677 of 54483 (23581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Shutter - here is his post [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a thought here Jo. lets try something shall we? why don't we let Paul tell his story in a civil manor, and take from that point. you know nothing about him, you think you do, but, no proof he is who you think he is.

let the man speak. are you afraid of something? is this not a form where evidence is discussed? or is it just your evidence? should we judge him by looking only at the cover? people are already asking him questions in a respectable manor. let's try it?

mrshutter45

Aug 12, 2013, 10:21 AM
Post #45678 of 54483 (23568 views)
Shortcut
Re: [377] Frenchman's Bar [In reply to] Can't Post

377 wrote:
Jo wrote
Quote:
"I typed it all on the thread and it went POOF! Someone is monitoring what I post and if it does NOT meet with their standards they make sure it goes POOF!?

MrShutter wrote
Quote:
not possible Jo. you are telling me that someone sits in front of a computer waiting on you to make a post? are you kidding me??????

It actually would be possible if someone had shared control of her computer, but I don't believe for a moment that it is happening.

Jo has been advised MANY times how to prevent things from going "poof" (compose your post text in Word and set it up for autosave, then copy the text from the Word doc. and paste it on the Cooper forum form)... but Jo keeps on doing things the same old way. Sigh.

Jo, if things go "poof" when you are not connected to the Interet then there is no way some third party could be doing it as you type. Since you have dialup it is very easy to disconnect without any doubt. Just pull the phone line plug out of your computer.

You are not persecuted here Jo, you are challenged. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. You cannot reasonably expect intense emotion and personal certainty to substiitute for objective evidence.

377

correct, this is why I was saying it's doubtful someone sits in waiting. cloning is the term I believe.

skyjack71

Aug 12, 2013, 10:22 AM
Post #45679 of 54483 (23565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

Shutter stated:
Quote:
I have a thought here Jo. lets try something shall we? why don't we let Paul tell his story in a civil manor, and take from that point. you know nothing about him, you think you do, but, no proof he is who you think he is.

Jo States: I am not afraid of this man's story, but because of who I think he is. Read your PM then you will understand.


(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Aug 12, 2013, 10:24 AM)

mrshutter45

Aug 12, 2013, 10:26 AM
Post #45680 of 54483 (23562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

skyjack71 wrote:
Shutter stated:
Quote:
I have a thought here Jo. lets try something shall we? why don't we let Paul tell his story in a civil manor, and take from that point. you know nothing about him, you think you do, but, no proof he is who you think he is.

Jo States: I am not afraid of this man's story, but because of who I think he is. Read your PM then you will understand.


my box is empty? the FBI cleaned it out moments ago CoolTongue just kidding, but, I have no new PM's. nothing from you?

mrshutter45

Aug 12, 2013, 10:40 AM
Post #45681 of 54483 (23536 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

Jo, I'm willing to offer you a better computer. I have about 10 computers here. this would at least help you better with documents, You Tube etc. just let me know where to send it, and I will with no problem.

E-machine
250 gig Hard Drive
1 gig of memory
XP-Professional operating system.
dial up modem
PDF reader

it's just sitting here collecting dust. it needs a home.

georger

Aug 12, 2013, 10:49 AM
Post #45682 of 54483 (23509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

mrshutter45 wrote:
Jo, I'm willing to offer you a better computer. I have about 10 computers here. this would at least help you better with documents, You Tube etc. just let me know where to send it, and I will with no problem.

E-machine
250 gig Hard Drive
1 gig of memory
XP-Professional operating system.
dial up modem
PDF reader

it's just sitting here collecting dust. it needs a home.
In reply to:

You are a Saint! Angelic Makw sure it has win Office on it -
Word. She will need that to write her memoirs.. I love it!

The Good Guy Award 2013 goes to you hands down.

Where do I send it?

Laugh


(This post was edited by georger on Aug 12, 2013, 10:51 AM)

smokin99

Aug 12, 2013, 10:51 AM
Post #45683 of 54483 (23501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

mrshutter45 wrote:
Jo, I'm willing to offer you a better computer. I have about 10 computers here. this would at least help you better with documents, You Tube etc. just let me know where to send it, and I will with no problem.

E-machine
250 gig Hard Drive
1 gig of memory
XP-Professional operating system.
dial up modem
PDF reader

it's just sitting here collecting dust. it needs a home.

Does it have wireless? Maybe she can hook a ride on her neighbor's network - get em back for all that nasty smoke. AngelicWink Ok....maybe not....

Seriously - Good offer Jo - take him up on it. You know if you don't this will just make us know that you like being a "woe-is-me-er".

georger

Aug 12, 2013, 10:53 AM
Post #45684 of 54483 (23492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

smokin99 wrote:
mrshutter45 wrote:
Jo, I'm willing to offer you a better computer. I have about 10 computers here. this would at least help you better with documents, You Tube etc. just let me know where to send it, and I will with no problem.

E-machine
250 gig Hard Drive
1 gig of memory
XP-Professional operating system.
dial up modem
PDF reader

it's just sitting here collecting dust. it needs a home.

Does it have wireless? Maybe she can hook a ride on her neighbor's network - get em back for all that nasty smoke. AngelicWink Ok....maybe not....

Seriously - Good offer Jo - take him up on it. You know if you don't this will just make us know that you like being a "woe-is-me-er".

OMG! wont say more ... someone will have to teach her wifi ...

Jo you need to take him up on this!


(This post was edited by georger on Aug 12, 2013, 11:03 AM)

mrshutter45

Aug 12, 2013, 10:56 AM
Post #45685 of 54483 (24542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

georger wrote:
mrshutter45 wrote:
Jo, I'm willing to offer you a better computer. I have about 10 computers here. this would at least help you better with documents, You Tube etc. just let me know where to send it, and I will with no problem.

E-machine
250 gig Hard Drive
1 gig of memory
XP-Professional operating system.
dial up modem
PDF reader

it's just sitting here collecting dust. it needs a home.
In reply to:

You are a Saint! Angelic


shutter say's:
well, Southern folk are well known for hospitality and kindness Cool
But, don't misjudge it for weakness Cool

this will also stop the crying of 'I can't read PDF files or see You Tube video's"
(violin playing in background) Tongue

skyjack71

Aug 12, 2013, 11:05 AM
Post #45686 of 54483 (24525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] All Right Try this [In reply to] Can't Post

 
The new poster thinks Cooper was his father, but he has yet to state this on the thread. His father if still living and sound of mind is 88 yrs old...same birthdate as Weber.

mrshutter45

Aug 12, 2013, 11:12 AM
Post #45687 of 54483 (24517 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] All Right Try this [In reply to] Can't Post

skyjack71 wrote:
The new poster thinks Cooper was his father, but he has yet to state this on the thread. His father if still living and sound of mind is 88 yrs old...same birthdate as Weber.


nope, this would go against everything he states on his video. he takes 6 suspects and narrows it down to KC. nothing about his father. it boils down to KC......if you accept the computer you will be able to see videos. this would help with speculation.....

skyjack71

Aug 12, 2013, 11:16 AM
Post #45688 of 54483 (24510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:


E-machine
250 gig Hard Drive
1 gig of memory
XP-Professional operating system.
dial up modem
PDF reader

Thank You but the problem here is the operator (yours truely).
I have a AMD dual care 3800 HP processor with 1 GB of memory and 200GB harddrive, windows XP. My problem is the dial-up, but that is okay it will see me thru...she is 7 yrs old, but she keeps on trucking.

I just do NOT know how to use it...and I have AOL because I refuse to give up my filing cabinet! If I got one of those faster services I would have to continue to pay aol to access my filing cabinet.

The AOL and the dial up and me are the problem - I think! I understand this machine is capable of things I do not understand. Not being able to see videos is the dial-up.


(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Aug 12, 2013, 11:18 AM)

mrshutter45

Aug 12, 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #45689 of 54483 (24502 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

skyjack71 wrote:
Quote:


E-machine
250 gig Hard Drive
1 gig of memory
XP-Professional operating system.
dial up modem
PDF reader

Thank You but the problem here is the operator (yours truely).
I have a AMD dual care 3800 HP processor with 1 GB of memory and 200GB harddrive, windows XP. My problem is the dial-up, but that is okay it will see me thru...she is 7 yrs old, but she keeps on trucking.

I just do NOT know how to use it...and I have AOL because I refuse to give up my filing cabinet! If I got one of those faster services I would have to continue to pay aol to access my filing cabinet.

The AOL and the dial up and me are the problem - I think! I understand this machine is capable of things I do not understand. Not being able to see videos is the dial-up.


you need to download the PDF reader for starters.
even on dial-up you should be able to view videos.
just takes longer to load.

can you put a DVD in and play it? you probably don't have flash player loaded. lots of simple things to get it running a lot better. I bet you have years of cookies stored up that will slow the computer down, spyware etc.


(This post was edited by mrshutter45 on Aug 12, 2013, 11:29 AM)

skyjack71

Aug 12, 2013, 11:39 AM
Post #45690 of 54483 (24475 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

 
Quote:

you need to download the PDF reader for starters.
even on dial-up you should be able to view videos.
just takes longer to load.

can you put a DVD in and play it? you probably don't have flash player loaded. lots of simple things to get it running a lot better. I bet you have years of cookies stored up that will slow the computer down, spyware etc.

I can view medical DVD's but never tried to play music CD or view a DVD - wouldn't know where to start.

It has Light Scribe DVD writer/CD writer on it but I don't know how to use it or what you use if for.

I bought a portable DVD player - 9 inches to view Cooper DVD's others sent me...such as Sluggo.

Expect I could view those DVD's on here, but do NOT have a clue how. I am a real DUMB ass when it comes to technology and remotes. I have a VCR that no one can figure out how to connect because of the converter box.
Now that mean I have a really old TV.
But it works.

I just need someone to teach me how to use this thing. The classes are 30 miles away and at night (I do not drive after dark) nor that far unless it is a medical situation that cannot be handle locally. The classes I went to in 2000 only taught me the basics of being on line and doing some files for real estate.


(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Aug 12, 2013, 11:43 AM)

mrshutter45

Aug 12, 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #45691 of 54483 (24467 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

skyjack71 wrote:
Quote:

you need to download the PDF reader for starters.
even on dial-up you should be able to view videos.
just takes longer to load.

can you put a DVD in and play it? you probably don't have flash player loaded. lots of simple things to get it running a lot better. I bet you have years of cookies stored up that will slow the computer down, spyware etc.

I can view medical DVD's but never tried to play music CD or view a DVD - wouldn't know where to start.

It has Light Scribe DVD writer/CD writer on it but I don't know how to use it or what you use if for.

I bought a portable DVD player - 9 inches to view DVD's other sent me.
Expect I could view them on here, but do NOT have a clue how. I am a real DUMB ass when it comes to technology and remotes. I have a VCR that no one can figure out how to connect because of the converter box.
Now that mean I have a really old TV.
But it works.

it will play DVD's. put the disc into the CD-Rom, a box will show up. double click on Media player and the DVD should start running.

mrshutter45

Aug 12, 2013, 12:18 PM
Post #45692 of 54483 (24455 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

smokin99 wrote:
mrshutter45 wrote:
Jo, I'm willing to offer you a better computer. I have about 10 computers here. this would at least help you better with documents, You Tube etc. just let me know where to send it, and I will with no problem.

E-machine
250 gig Hard Drive
1 gig of memory
XP-Professional operating system.
dial up modem
PDF reader

it's just sitting here collecting dust. it needs a home.

Does it have wireless? Maybe she can hook a ride on her neighbor's network - get em back for all that nasty smoke. AngelicWink Ok....maybe not....

Seriously - Good offer Jo - take him up on it. You know if you don't this will just make us know that you like being a "woe-is-me-er".

well, you can only grab the signal if it's not secure. most peeps lock them down now. My Mom had 2 people riding her signal for a long time before she found out. this was over 5 years ago. worth a shot though.

Robert99

Aug 12, 2013, 12:29 PM
Post #45693 of 54483 (24440 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

mrshutter45 wrote:
skyjack71 wrote:
Quote:

you need to download the PDF reader for starters.
even on dial-up you should be able to view videos.
just takes longer to load.

can you put a DVD in and play it? you probably don't have flash player loaded. lots of simple things to get it running a lot better. I bet you have years of cookies stored up that will slow the computer down, spyware etc.

I can view medical DVD's but never tried to play music CD or view a DVD - wouldn't know where to start.

It has Light Scribe DVD writer/CD writer on it but I don't know how to use it or what you use if for.

I bought a portable DVD player - 9 inches to view DVD's other sent me.
Expect I could view them on here, but do NOT have a clue how. I am a real DUMB ass when it comes to technology and remotes. I have a VCR that no one can figure out how to connect because of the converter box.
Now that mean I have a really old TV.
But it works.

it will play DVD's. put the disc into the CD-Rom, a box will show up. double click on Media player and the DVD should start running.

Jo, The time has come for you to bite the bullet and take Shutter up on his offer. He can probably also fix you up with some additional hardware that will help you.

High capacity external storage units with up to 1 TB and USB connections are dirt cheap. Check your next cracker jack box, they may even be in there now.

Get yourself an up-to-date antivirus program, set it up properly, and it will keep the bad guys away. Better yet, just don't visit any porn sites in the first place.

You can get instructional software for various operating systems and such that is really cheap and will help you learn how to use your computer, the internet, etc..

It may be possible for your computer to have two (or more) operating systems and that could help you with your old files as well as permit you to get going with the high speed programs. Ask Shutter about this.

It's up to you now. No more whining.

Robert99

smokin99

Aug 12, 2013, 1:39 PM
Post #45694 of 54483 (24399 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

mrshutter45 wrote:
smokin99 wrote:
mrshutter45 wrote:
Jo, I'm willing to offer you a better computer. I have about 10 computers here. this would at least help you better with documents, You Tube etc. just let me know where to send it, and I will with no problem.

E-machine
250 gig Hard Drive
1 gig of memory
XP-Professional operating system.
dial up modem
PDF reader

it's just sitting here collecting dust. it needs a home.

Does it have wireless? Maybe she can hook a ride on her neighbor's network - get em back for all that nasty smoke. AngelicWink Ok....maybe not....

Seriously - Good offer Jo - take him up on it. You know if you don't this will just make us know that you like being a "woe-is-me-er".

well, you can only grab the signal if it's not secure. most peeps lock them down now. My Mom had 2 people riding her signal for a long time before she found out. this was over 5 years ago. worth a shot though.

Yeah, but I''ve been amazed at some people that I know - that should know better - that still don't have a secure network.
I was at my husband's place of business one day and one of his long-time customers walked in and said I love this place -I can still get on the network as he proceeded to pull out his cell phone. Needless to say, and much to his chagrin, that was fixed before I left that day. And mrsmokin got an earful. Smile I've set up security recently for others because I was able to get on their network through my phone while I was at their place. You'd think everyone would have gotten the memo by now, but apparently not. Smile


(This post was edited by smokin99 on Aug 12, 2013, 1:40 PM)

mrshutter45

Aug 12, 2013, 2:02 PM
Post #45695 of 54483 (24376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] Shutter - Read the PM [In reply to] Can't Post

smokin99 wrote:
mrshutter45 wrote:
smokin99 wrote:
mrshutter45 wrote:
Jo, I'm willing to offer you a better computer. I have about 10 computers here. this would at least help you better with documents, You Tube etc. just let me know where to send it, and I will with no problem.

E-machine
250 gig Hard Drive
1 gig of memory
XP-Professional operating system.
dial up modem
PDF reader

it's just sitting here collecting dust. it needs a home.

Does it have wireless? Maybe she can hook a ride on her neighbor's network - get em back for all that nasty smoke. AngelicWink Ok....maybe not....

Seriously - Good offer Jo - take him up on it. You know if you don't this will just make us know that you like being a "woe-is-me-er".

well, you can only grab the signal if it's not secure. most peeps lock them down now. My Mom had 2 people riding her signal for a long time before she found out. this was over 5 years ago. worth a shot though.

Yeah, but I''ve been amazed at some people that I know - that should know better - that still don't have a secure network.
I was at my husband's place of business one day and one of his long-time customers walked in and said I love this place -I can still get on the network as he proceeded to pull out his cell phone. Needless to say, and much to his chagrin, that was fixed before I left that day. And mrsmokin got an earful. Smile I've set up security recently for others because I was able to get on their network through my phone while I was at their place. You'd think everyone would have gotten the memo by now, but apparently not. Smile


it's possible a signal is not secure. I have a buddy in Ohio who get's it from the cafe down the street. he was getting a low signal, so I found him a booster that brought the signal way up. he's been using it over a year now. Wink two years ago I had several unsecured showing on my wireless map. zero out of 7 now. like I said, it's worth a shot. can't lose anything trying. I had dial-up from 98 till somewhere in the early 2000's. don't miss that nitemare Cool

smokin99

Aug 12, 2013, 2:07 PM
Post #45696 of 54483 (24372 views)
Shortcut
Letters [In reply to] Can't Post

Several things about the letters interest me though I am on the fence as to whether I believe they were all written by the same person or by the hijacker)

In the Robinhood letter, the writer refers to the airline as "Northwest Orient" I know that this was the name advertised, but did local people refer to it by that name? Or just Northwest? or Northwest Airlines?

In this letter, the writer also used more sophisticated vocabulary, sentence structure, punctuation and grammar than I would associate with a few of the known candidates or some of the other letters.

He also talks / boasts of not being a boasting man and not leaving fingerprints. Do you think the writer was referring to McCoy?

In at least one article referencing the playboy letter, the article's writer notes that the cutout letters came from magazine advertisements. I wonder if the Playboy connection was made back then.

I wonder if there was any significance to the Grey Cup in Vancouver reference other than the obvious. I mean if he's just playing with folks why not "Hanging out at the Space Needle - enjoying the view" or "just toured the Boeing factory - bite me"?

RobertMBlevins

Aug 12, 2013, 2:32 PM
Post #45697 of 54483 (24358 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] I Slipped On The Rug [In reply to] Can't Post

Shutter says in part:

Quote:
'now, you are claiming KC wore a wig, but, you have zero proof other than someone telling you this correct? Testified and Testimony are court terms. was this a court record you are speaking of?'

No. Not a court record. Testimony from Margie Geestman, Dawn Andrusko, and Lyle Christiansen. And Lyle did not know these women, or even hear of them, until after the book came out. And even then, not really, since all had their names disguised. (Jones was in the Revised edition, but not the original.)

Quote:
'one of your witnesses states that KC stopped wearing the toupee shortly after the crime (*laughs*) she was able to pinpoint this 40 years later? give me a break Matlock (*giggles*) she states he didn't wear it to work, so I guess he was worried if he wore it to a movie theater someone would yell out "hey, look it's DB Cooper"
(*eyes roll to back of head*)'

Dawn Andrusko first met Christiansen about two years or so before the hijacking. This was when she moved she and her children into the Geestmans' home, coming out from Minnesota. She was Bernie Geestman's sister, as you know. Her testimony is what it is. She gave it in a straightforward manner, and after the hijacking, when she received the $5,000 from Christiansen, she saw him from time to time until he died in 1994.

In the time period before the hijacking, Andrusko said that she, some of her friends, and sometimes Christiansen would hang out playing cards or go the beach occasionally. Sometimes, she said, he would wear the toupee, sometimes not. It didn't seem to embarrass him whether he wore it or didn't and no one said anything to him about it. She did notice he stopped wearing one after the hijacking, and from that time on, he changed his manner of dress. He went from a reletively nice dresser in his off-time to mostly wearing jean overalls. Some of his neighbors in Bonney Lake noticed the same thing, but just figured he was going for the Farmer John look. He also put on a fair amount of weight. No one really gave it much thought.

Andrusko said in her interview that she and some of her friends suspected KC might be Cooper right after the hijacking occurred, but dismissed the thought because he was a 'nice guy' and they couldn't imagine him doing such a thing. She knows reletively little about the case, and it was the same thing with Helen Jones, who had no idea the hijacker smoked Raleigh cigarettes, even when she made the trip up the Bonney Lake Library to correct her previous statement that KC smoked Camels. She told Peter Berg (I was in Twisp at the time) that she mistakenly said Camels because that's the brand SHE smoked before she quit. She said it came to her later, after I interviewed her, that he smoked Raleighs because she remembered that he saved the coupons. Berg asked her if she knew the significance of the brand KC smoked. Jones said no. Berg told her about the butts the FBI found. He told me later she was truly surprised. Meanwhile...Berg tries to get her to go on Decoded and tell about Geestman and KC missing Thanksgiving dinner at her house, and about her encounter at the laundromat with KC six weeks after the hijacking.

I hope you are getting all this. Trying to keep it simple.

Jones refused to go on television. She told Berg she was afraid of Mr Geestman even today, calling him a liar and a crook. (She knew he was going to be filmed that same day and didn't want to see him)

In fact, the filming was already going on in another place and Berg was not there. He was still doing shots at the Bonney Lake Library. Before he could get this information to the other crew, they had already wrapped and Geestman was on his way back to Port Angeles.

This, in my opinion, is a real frickin' shame and was a big letdown for the show. Why? Because they could have waited until Geestman said on-camera that he believed KC could be the hijacker...and then brought on Jones to contradict that story, i.e. 'Why would you say that Kenny could be the hijacker when you were WITH Kenny, and MISSING, that entire week?' I think they could have used her testimony to push him a bit harder for the truth, instead of the pack of lies he has told from the beginning.

After filming wrapped, I got a message from Pete Berg (associate producer) on the whole thing. I had to keep that a secret on his request until he was no longer working with Go Go Luckey and History Channel, so I did. (He has his own production company now) This is what he said about the end of the Decoded show, where the cast votes that KC was probably the hijacker, but that Geestman probably wasn't involved:

In reality, he said, the director got a phone call from Go Go Luckey's legal department in Los Angeles. They told him that no one on the show could say they thought Geestman was lying, or that he was involved...UNLESS they could get him to 'crack' first on-air. Well, he didn't. So they didn't. (Yes, that's television)

But after the show aired I contacted the cast, and I got this from them: Buddy Levy and Scott Rolle were convinced that Geestman was not only lying, but guilty as hell. Christine McKinley was not so sure. After I sent them the info on Helen Jones testimony and some other things, Buddy and Scott were more convinced than ever. McKinley decided not to give any more opinions on it. Ask them yourself if you wish. All at at Facebook. More recently, they all got the public version of the FBI report on KC.

I understand that this negative vote by the cast was more or less set up by the director, and he was instructed by GGL's legal department. And...that it does call a bit of the show into question. I chalked it up to being TV, and the fear of a lawsuit. I think the remainder of the episode was done sincerely. This 'you can't vote for Geestman' thing happened on the very last day of filming and was a complete surprise to the cast, I'm sure. I never asked them about it, to save them embarrassment. More or less, the way the show worked was the cast didn't know what evidence was going to be presented to them to work with. It was dropped on them, they were given a very short time to examine it, and then the cameras started rolling.


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Aug 12, 2013, 2:50 PM)

Robert99

Aug 12, 2013, 3:02 PM
Post #45698 of 54483 (24338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] THEY ALWAYS KNEW IT WAS KC? [In reply to] Can't Post

RobertMBlevins wrote:


Andrusko said in her interview that she and some of her friends suspected KC might be Cooper right after the hijacking occurred, but dismissed the thought because he was a 'nice guy' and they couldn't imagine him doing such a thing.

Blevins, you can't be serious about this.

Because KC was a "nice guy" and "they couldn't imagine him doing such a thing", he is immediately suspected of being Cooper?

Meantime, Duane Weber, a convicted felon who had spent decades in multiple prisons, is immediately dismissed as a Cooper possibility despite the zealous efforts of his widow, Jo Weber, to pin the hijacking on him.

Is there some logic in the above that I have completely missed? Or is it just plain book salesmanship?

Robert99


(This post was edited by Robert99 on Aug 12, 2013, 3:05 PM)

georger

Aug 12, 2013, 3:21 PM
Post #45699 of 54483 (24328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] I Slipped On The Rug [In reply to] Can't Post

RobertMBlevins wrote:
Shutter says in part:

Quote:
'now, you are claiming KC wore a wig, but, you have zero proof other than someone telling you this correct? Testified and Testimony are court terms. was this a court record you are speaking of?'

No. Not a court record. Testimony from Margie Geestman, Dawn Andrusko, and Lyle Christiansen. And Lyle did not know these women, or even hear of them, until after the book came out. And even then, not really, since all had their names disguised. (Jones was in the Revised edition, but not the original.)

Quote:
'one of your witnesses states that KC stopped wearing the toupee shortly after the crime (*laughs*) she was able to pinpoint this 40 years later? give me a break Matlock (*giggles*) she states he didn't wear it to work, so I guess he was worried if he wore it to a movie theater someone would yell out "hey, look it's DB Cooper"
(*eyes roll to back of head*)'

Dawn Andrusko first met Christiansen about two years or so before the hijacking. This was when she moved she and her children into the Geestmans' home, coming out from Minnesota. She was Bernie Geestman's sister, as you know. Her testimony is what it is. She gave it in a straightforward manner, and after the hijacking, when she received the $5,000 from Christiansen, she saw him from time to time until he died in 1994.

In the time period before the hijacking, Andrusko said that she, some of her friends, and sometimes Christiansen would hang out playing cards or go the beach occasionally. Sometimes, she said, he would wear the toupee, sometimes not. It didn't seem to embarrass him whether he wore it or didn't and no one said anything to him about it. She did notice he stopped wearing one after the hijacking, and from that time on, he changed his manner of dress. He went from a reletively nice dresser in his off-time to mostly wearing jean overalls. Some of his neighbors in Bonney Lake noticed the same thing, but just figured he was going for the Farmer John look. He also put on a fair amount of weight. No one really gave it much thought.

Andrusko said in her interview that she and some of her friends suspected KC might be Cooper right after the hijacking occurred, but dismissed the thought because he was a 'nice guy' and they couldn't imagine him doing such a thing. She knows reletively little about the case, and it was the same thing with Helen Jones, who had no idea the hijacker smoked Raleigh cigarettes, even when she made the trip up the Bonney Lake Library to correct her previous statement that KC smoked Camels. She told Peter Berg (I was in Twisp at the time) that she mistakenly said Camels because that's the brand SHE smoked before she quit. She said it came to her later, after I interviewed her, that he smoked Raleighs because she remembered that he saved the coupons. Berg asked her if she knew the significance of the brand KC smoked. Jones said no. Berg told her about the butts the FBI found. He told me later she was truly surprised. Meanwhile...Berg tries to get her to go on Decoded and tell about Geestman and KC missing Thanksgiving dinner at her house, and about her encounter at the laundromat with KC six weeks after the hijacking.

I hope you are getting all this. Trying to keep it simple.

Jones refused to go on television. She told Berg she was afraid of Mr Geestman even today, calling him a liar and a crook. (She knew he was going to be filmed that same day and didn't want to see him)

In fact, the filming was already going on in another place and Berg was not there. He was still doing shots at the Bonney Lake Library. Before he could get this information to the other crew, they had already wrapped and Geestman was on his way back to Port Angeles.

This, in my opinion, is a real frickin' shame and was a big letdown for the show. Why? Because they could have waited until Geestman said on-camera that he believed KC could be the hijacker...and then brought on Jones to contradict that story, i.e. 'Why would you say that Kenny could be the hijacker when you were WITH Kenny, and MISSING, that entire week?' I think they could have used her testimony to push him a bit harder for the truth, instead of the pack of lies he has told from the beginning.

After filming wrapped, I got a message from Pete Berg (associate producer) on the whole thing. I had to keep that a secret on his request until he was no longer working with Go Go Luckey and History Channel, so I did. (He has his own production company now) This is what he said about the end of the Decoded show, where the cast votes that KC was probably the hijacker, but that Geestman probably wasn't involved:

In reality, he said, the director got a phone call from Go Go Luckey's legal department in Los Angeles. They told him that no one on the show could say they thought Geestman was lying, or that he was involved...UNLESS they could get him to 'crack' first on-air. Well, he didn't. So they didn't. (Yes, that's television)

But after the show aired I contacted the cast, and I got this from them: Buddy Levy and Scott Rolle were convinced that Geestman was not only lying, but guilty as hell. Christine McKinley was not so sure. After I sent them the info on Helen Jones testimony and some other things, Buddy and Scott were more convinced than ever. McKinley decided not to give any more opinions on it. Ask them yourself if you wish. All at at Facebook. More recently, they all got the public version of the FBI report on KC.

I understand that this negative vote by the cast was more or less set up by the director, and he was instructed by GGL's legal department. And...that it does call a bit of the show into question. I chalked it up to being TV, and the fear of a lawsuit. I think the remainder of the episode was done sincerely. This 'you can't vote for Geestman' thing happened on the very last day of filming and was a complete surprise to the cast, I'm sure. I never asked them about it, to save them embarrassment. More or less, the way the show worked was the cast didn't know what evidence was going to be presented to them to work with. It was dropped on them, they were given a very short time to examine it, and then the cameras started rolling.
In reply to:

Got any swamp land for sale near Misanthrope Books in
Misanthrope, Mississippi ?

They dont reed ner rite they'ur.

Or just pass out the Grape Kool Aid and get it over with!

How many personalities at AB Books post under the registration
RobertMBlevins here? The quick in and out one, the nice one, the
dumb one, etc etc etc . .
.


(This post was edited by georger on Aug 12, 2013, 3:27 PM)

smokin99

Aug 12, 2013, 3:22 PM
Post #45700 of 54483 (24323 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Robert99] THEY ALWAYS KNEW IT WAS KC? [In reply to] Can't Post

Robert99 wrote:
RobertMBlevins wrote:


Andrusko said in her interview that she and some of her friends suspected KC might be Cooper right after the hijacking occurred, but dismissed the thought because he was a 'nice guy' and they couldn't imagine him doing such a thing.

Blevins, you can't be serious about this.

Because KC was a "nice guy" and "they couldn't imagine him doing such a thing", he is immediately suspected of being Cooper?

Meantime, Duane Weber, a convicted felon who had spent decades in multiple prisons, is immediately dismissed as a Cooper possibility despite the zealous efforts of his widow, Jo Weber, to pin the hijacking on him.

Is there some logic in the above that I have completely missed? Or is it just plain book salesmanship?

Robert99

RobertMBlevins wrote:
..................and it was the same thing with Helen Jones, who had no idea the hijacker smoked Raleigh cigarettes, even when she made the trip up the Bonney Lake Library to correct her previous statement that KC smoked Camels. She told Peter Berg (I was in Twisp at the time) that she mistakenly said Camels because that's the brand SHE smoked before she quit. She said it came to her later, after I interviewed her, that he smoked Raleighs because she remembered that he saved the coupons.

I'm always amazed at how little Kenny's friends knew or were interested in anything about the DB Cooper hijacking even though it was such an infamous crime, happened in their backyard, and everyone else in the Northwest apparently was talking about it and, of course they, themselves, remember exactly what they were doing the minute it happened, and who was where.

I mean, did no one even think to question whether maybe, just maybe, the friend looked up DB Cooper on the internet before going to the television guy and changing her story about what kind of cigarettes KC smoked.
What part of 15 mins of fame didn't they understand? Not saying anyone would bolster their story but these memory breakthroughs are pretty darn convenient. WinkLaugh

First page Previous page 1 ... 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 ... 2180 Next page Last page  View All
 
 


Search for (options)