Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
DB Cooper

First page Previous page 1 ... 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 ... 2111 Next page Last page  View All

smokin99

Aug 11, 2013, 4:59 PM
Post #45676 of 52769 (14111 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] The Tie [In reply to] Can't Post

mrshutter45 wrote:
Ckret states this: "In reference to the tie, we only know Cooper was described as wearing a black tie with a clasp and a black tie with a clasp was found in the seat Cooper had been sitting in."

where is documentation going against what the FBI directly said?

he follows up with this post: "The tie was found on the seat.

Not as good as a polaroid but better than nothing I suppose. Smile I'm assuming this would have been from the interviews since the notes and transcript descriptions mainly focus on the black suit and coat.

I know that immediate descriptions put out to the public included the narrow, black tie in the description of his clothing - I'd have to check on the clasp.

I don't doubt that the tie likely belonged to Cooper. Still can't help but wonder if anyone on the plane really saw the clasp (with the suit and coat on) or did they just see the black tie, and, then when the tie on the plane turned up, assumptions moved on from there? Oh well - moving on....

mrshutter45

Aug 11, 2013, 5:27 PM
Post #45677 of 52769 (14097 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] The Tie [In reply to] Can't Post

smokin99 wrote:
mrshutter45 wrote:
Ckret states this: "In reference to the tie, we only know Cooper was described as wearing a black tie with a clasp and a black tie with a clasp was found in the seat Cooper had been sitting in."

Not as good as a polaroid but better than nothing I suppose. Smile I'm assuming this would have been from the interviews since the notes and transcript descriptions mainly focus on the black suit and coat.

I know that immediate descriptions put out to the public included the narrow, black tie in the description of his clothing - I'd have to check on the clasp.

I don't doubt that the tie likely belonged to Cooper. Still can't help but wonder if anyone on the plane really saw the clasp (with the suit and coat on) or did they just see the black tie, and, then when the tie on the plane turned up, assumptions moved on from there? Oh well - moving on....

I doubt anyone seen the clasp. this thing is extremely small. if his overcoat was buttoned/zipped, nobody would have seen it. we also have Coopers seat all over the plane. even H gives a different location. whether or not Ckret was liked or disliked doesn't skew what answers he has when dealing with the evidence. that's why I asked Jo for some documentation stating the tie was not on Coopers seat. Ckret works for the FBI. who on here can counter his evidence? you can counter his conclusions or idea's, but not what is in front of him, or what his eyes can see in the files that we can't....

"Not as good as a polaroid but better than nothing I suppose"

here is the best I can do WinkSly

(This post was edited by mrshutter45 on Aug 11, 2013, 5:40 PM)
Attachments: coop tie.JPG (14.2 KB)

mrshutter45

Aug 11, 2013, 5:55 PM
Post #45678 of 52769 (14069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] The Tie [In reply to] Can't Post

The wanted poster does not mention the tie clip. I can't vouch for what Tina seen in the time she was with him.

Blevins also claims the tie is the only personal item left on the plane?? what about the butts, possible prints and the cup he drank out of? unfortunately they have vanished, but back in the 70's most were probably saying "what the hell do we need this for" so, myths are born of a cover up instead of a logical factor of negligence.

mrshutter45

Aug 11, 2013, 6:19 PM
Post #45679 of 52769 (14050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] ti and tie [In reply to] Can't Post

mrshutter45 wrote:

Even if you ID a suspect later who worked with titanium sponge, this doesn't mean that person is Cooper. You would have to produce all the other evidence to even present a case: Alibi, motive, witnesses, money evidence. Otherwise you still don't have shit. I get a laugh out of reading some of the posts here chasing dead ends.

As I said, maybe Cooper picked up the tie from a friend, an accomplice, maybe the Goodwill. You have no chain of evidence with the tie, making it basically USELESS unless you can link a suspect to it and then find similar deposits on that suspect's clothing...and then you have to provide the other evidence linking them to the hijacking.

Jo, mrshutter45 didn't make that quote, Blevins did.....

RobertMBlevins

Aug 11, 2013, 7:19 PM
Post #45680 of 52769 (14016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] The epitomy of irony....continued... [In reply to] Can't Post

Smokin99 says in part, alleging to a possible problem between Bruce Smith and AB of Seattle:

Quote:
'LOL...come on now...surely no one is being threatened with a lawsuit for speculating that Kenny was gay? lol... I'm pretty sure you can sue for anything if you have the money to waste, but again, I would suspect that the odds of a successful suit for defamation of a dead person would be a long shot. Not to mention - how is questioning whether someone is gay or not defamation? Welcome to 2013...'

The issue, if it exists, is NOT about whether or not Kenny Christiansen was gay. Of course he was. This is well-known, although his friends and other people interviewed about him said you would never know it simply by looking at him or talking to him. In other words, he did not project effeminate behavior.

If he had, he never would have made it past the recruiter when he joined the Army. If Bruce and I have a question going, it isn't about Kenny being gay. I have told Bruce I would not post details of this issue, and I am going to keep my promise on that. If he chooses to discuss it with you himself, that is strictly up to him.

As I said before, any problem can't be THAT serious. We still support Bruce's book and I think it's even reasonably well-written.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Aug 11, 2013, 7:20 PM)

GreyCopGC148

Aug 11, 2013, 7:39 PM
Post #45681 of 52769 (14033 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] ti and tie [In reply to] Can't Post

This is Paul Geivett, I am not a skydiver, or a pilot. I will always fall short on technical questions on these matters. I solved this case on the ground, not in the sky. No descriptions or vague memories, nor discrepancy of 1-2 inches, nor any description of color of clothing, nor the seat he sat in. This case has to be solved on forensics period.

Handwriting, DNA on and under stamps or envelope flaps. There are handwriting experts by the thousands that would love to have their name on this case for the pages of history and hands of time. The tickets of all the passengers should be and should have been collected that night... the ticket agent did NOT write the Van 9 letter, nor fill out the envelope to the Oregonian/Playboy letter.... nor fill out a 1958 flight log that seems to have Kenny Christiansens name on it. Nor did he fill out everything Kenny Christiansen wrote since he was in Kindergarten.

Have any of you looked at the ticket agents job application? and possibly the 200-500 tickets he wrote out that night? Or the stack of writing Kenneth sent home from the Military... or the fact he quit writing home after the Highjacking?

ParrotheadVol

Aug 11, 2013, 8:02 PM
Post #45682 of 52769 (14004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GreyCopGC148] ti and tie [In reply to] Can't Post

No disrespect intended Paul, and I'm glad you have the balls to show up here. But this sounds like another case of someone changing facts to fit their suspect. The ticket agent filling out the ticket has always been a well established fact of this case. Forgive me if I'm just a bit skeptical of changing well known facts over 40 years after the fact.

(This post was edited by ParrotheadVol on Aug 11, 2013, 8:07 PM)

ParrotheadVol

Aug 11, 2013, 8:05 PM
Post #45683 of 52769 (13998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ParrotheadVol] ti and tie [In reply to] Can't Post

Paul, are you suggesting that the DNA on the envelopes has now been tested?

RobertMBlevins

Aug 11, 2013, 8:18 PM
Post #45684 of 52769 (13981 views)
Shortcut

GreyCopGC148 wrote:
This is Paul Geivett, I am not a skydiver, or a pilot. I will always fall short on technical questions on these matters. I solved this case on the ground, not in the sky. No descriptions or vague memories, nor discrepancy of 1-2 inches, nor any description of color of clothing, nor the seat he sat in. This case has to be solved on forensics period.

Handwriting, DNA on and under stamps or envelope flaps. There are handwriting experts by the thousands that would love to have their name on this case for the pages of history and hands of time. The tickets of all the passengers should be and should have been collected that night... the ticket agent did NOT write the Van 9 letter, nor fill out the envelope to the Oregonian/Playboy letter.... nor fill out a 1958 flight log that seems to have Kenny Christiansens name on it. Nor did he fill out everything Kenny Christiansen wrote since he was in Kindergarten.

Have any of you looked at the ticket agents job application? and possibly the 200-500 tickets he wrote out that night? Or the stack of writing Kenneth sent home from the Military... or the fact he quit writing home after the Highjacking?

Look, Paul...much as I'd like to jump on your bandwagon and declare Kenny to be Cooper, I just cannot do it. And I have a hell of lot more on Kenny than just some handwriting samples. But even I'm not dumb enough to say he was 'for sure' DB Cooper.

On your samples: Flight map from 1958? You stole that from us, unless you have permission from Lyle Christiansen, the original owner of that document. And even HE doesn't own the rights to it anymore because we have a signed contract from him giving our company (Adventure Books of Seattle - a registered US trade publisher) all rights to any pics or docs he provided to us, as well as the rights to his brother's story. And since Kenny was the purser on those flights and was not a pilot, it is doubtful he was the one who filled out the names on that flight map anyway.

Letters home from the military? We have the originals in our file cabinets. I mean the actual letters themselves, so I don't understand how you could have done comparisons on them.

As far as forensics solving the case, especially the DNA evidence, then you will have to convince the Seattle FBI to do a comparison. So far, they have not done so because they have arbitrarily dismissed Kenny as a suspect based on the official description of the hijacker.

Since you are here, I'd also like to address your Facebook posts and messages where you say you 'own' the rights to the Christiansen story. Frankly, sir...you are a day or two late and several dollars short. Let me explain why.

It was Geoffrey Gray who first investigated Christiansen and published his now-famous New York Magazine article about him. Not long afterward, Lyle Christiansen signed a contract with us and NYC private investigator Skipp Porteous did his own investigation. The results were published more than four years ago in a book, revised later, and Gray's article goes back six years.

There is also the History Channel Decoded episode on Christiansen from January 2011, and another show from Adrenaline Hunter later that year. I made appearances on both shows. You are WAY late to the KC party and own zero rights on anything regarding his story. We've had those for years now.

The Good News: More power to you in proving that KC was Cooper, but you should do this without violating copyright restrictions, making false claims, or other bizarre stuff.

Oh...and we already sent a 29-page report on Christiansen almost a year ago now to the Seattle FBI, complete with sixteen images and evidentiary documents (in 8x10 glossy) and the testimony of several witnesses.

Day late, serious dollars short. Angelic

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Aug 11, 2013, 8:24 PM)

GreyCopGC148

Aug 11, 2013, 8:42 PM
Post #45685 of 52769 (13952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] ti and tie [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr Blevins, as far as my rights that I have reserved, no where on that sheet of paper do I mention, or state Kenny Christiansens name, in fact I address no suspect and as far as the certified letter to Gregory A Fowler, FBI, PDX, I address all six suspects.

I'm only reserving my rights to the evidence including composites of photographs that are in public domain and have been altered by me. In fact, you cannot use the altered photos of Kenneth Christiansen that I have turned into the FBI.

The method, the way, and the evidence, that I presented to special agent Curtis Eng in person, or evidence that I have personally mailed to GA Fowler are mine and I own the rights to them.

As you can see I do not post nor did I put a photo of the 1958 Schematic/log out of 100% respect for you and Skip Porter.
Even though it clearly states in the front of your book that material may be used in review only. Nor do I mention where I got them from or what they were. I reserve the rights to solving this case, not simply bringing a suspect to the forefront. As of 6/12/2013 was claimed unsolved by you and the FBI. As of 6/13/2013 I Claim it to be solved by me

skyjack71

Aug 11, 2013, 9:08 PM
Post #45686 of 52769 (13905 views)
Shortcut

mrshutter45 wrote:
"It was NOT known if it was the same tie, but was found between the seats, but NOT where Cooper was sitting."

Can't lift prints from fabric, or should I say the vast majority of fabrics. In 1971 there really would be no reason to leave behind the tie to throw off investigators. There would have been far better choices than the tie. Having said that almost anything is possible, however, nothing I know of points in the direction that the tie was planted by Cooper."

I found my notes: The tie per a phone conversation with Mr. H was between the seats where Cooper was sitting. NOT on the seat. I have been looking things up all day....searching note from phone conversation. I knew it was Mr. H who told me this but I had to find the notes. Got Them! Been a hard day finding things and looking for one thing I would miss something else. I am loosing my mind with all of this - 18 yrs of research by phone, by mail and what other people sent me and told me. and then in 2000 I got my first computer - but didn't know how to use it. Still have problems with searches and of course I still have the old dial-up.

You would not want to know all the CRAZY conversation with JT. I read a couple of them and then thumbed thru that part and put it down. I HATE that man for the 4 plus yrs he twisted and turned everything I tried to tell him on the phone and I didn't even have a DAMN map. Now he is saying I was talking about Cames - in the notes and recently. NO I l was talking about LAKE Lacames - a lake he denied existed. Kept saying I was on the Columbia - now he is say I said the Lewis River. Give Me a BREAK!

I even drew a map on one of the letters I wrote to Mr. H and if you study that real careful you know I was NOT talking about Lewis River nor Cames. It was in 2001 when I found the lake - everyone knew what I was talking about except JT.

The driver who was the son of one of the ladies was following my lead even though his intention was to take me to the Lewis River. But he followed what I told him to do and every turn I would indicate I was dead on. When we got to the pasture area I saw the name of a road and SCREAM TURN TURN TURN. His statement when he turned was - this was the only road that would take us to a body of water until we reached the Lewis.

This place I described in detail to the crew and to JT - but NO one took me there until that last day with the help of 5 perfect strangersm who had lived most of their lives in WA.

Thank God I was finally heard and when I got home I called JT and told him to GO to HELL. He just called me a liar and story teller.

(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Aug 11, 2013, 9:11 PM)

georger

Aug 11, 2013, 9:15 PM
Post #45687 of 52769 (13891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] Kaye & Palmer [In reply to] Can't Post

It appears from the interview that the chain of evidence concerning the tie is pretty much a certainty, therefore one would have to conclude that either the tie was labeled as his, or he was seen by witnesses with the tie / tie clip and the exact description of the one he wore matches the description of the tie left on the plane, or he was seen by witnesses with a non-descript black tie, then seen without a tie, and subsequently a non-descript tie is found on the plane.
These are all plausible scenarios that lean to the side of certainty that yes the tie belonged to Cooper. I could live with any of them.

All I'm asking is does anyone know for sure, even if only based on witness statement as above, that the tie left belonged to or was worn by Cooper? If not, then that deserves to be said before conclusions are offered.

In the scheme of things, yeah -- what is the difference whether 1991 or 2011? Maybe none...Just saying that there are way too many myths involved with this case to begin with.......
In reply to:

Tom looked into the certainty of the tie being Cooper's. I think there are a few comments about that on his website.

The cocktail on that tie is rather special. That cocktail did not
just walk on to the tie, then just walk on to the plane, by
itself. Its a one in millions proposition.

georger

Aug 11, 2013, 9:21 PM
Post #45688 of 52769 (13878 views)
Shortcut

mrshutter45 wrote:
"It was NOT known if it was the same tie, but was found between the seats, but NOT where Cooper was sitting."

Can't lift prints from fabric, or should I say the vast majority of fabrics. In 1971 there really would be no reason to leave behind the tie to throw off investigators. There would have been far better choices than the tie. Having said that almost anything is possible, however, nothing I know of points in the direction that the tie was planted by Cooper."
In reply to:

If the tie is Cooper's he obviously failed to understand the power
of forensics, or the rapid growth in forensic science ...

If he had a technical background why would he not understand
the clues he was leaving, or maybe he did not care, or expect
to survive, or be found ... ?

GreyCopGC148

Aug 11, 2013, 9:24 PM
Post #45689 of 52769 (13866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] The Tie [In reply to] Can't Post

The FBI states that the money had not been there longer than 1day to one year. FBI refused to give the Ingrams their reward, thus the involvement of attorney Townsend. Three year court battle ensued to get 50% of the recovered money.

The money did not arrive by natural means. If you don't believe me, ask the owner of the Ariel Store. Brian admitted it to her as well as me.

How he did not tell Blevins this on the same day I was standing there, or maybe you weren't there? at Frenchmans Bar (not Tina's bar)

How do you think the Ingrams got out through the gate, but on private property.... unless they knew somebody. Is it not true that you gained permission. You can not simply walk out there.

From the mouth of the Washougal River, to the mouth of the Lewis River, this is the only stretch of beach that cannot be accessed by the public

georger

Aug 11, 2013, 9:27 PM
Post #45690 of 52769 (13864 views)
Shortcut

mrshutter45 wrote:
The wanted poster does not mention the tie clip. I can't vouch for what Tina seen in the time she was with him.

Blevins also claims the tie is the only personal item left on the plane?? what about the butts, possible prints and the cup he drank out of? unfortunately they have vanished, but back in the 70's most were probably saying "what the hell do we need this for" so, myths are born of a cover up instead of a logical factor of negligence.
In reply to:
the matchbook ?

RobertMBlevins

Aug 11, 2013, 9:44 PM
Post #45691 of 52769 (13849 views)
Shortcut

GreyCopGC148 wrote:
Mr Blevins, as far as my rights that I have reserved, no where on that sheet of paper do I mention, or state Kenny Christiansens name, in fact I address no suspect and as far as the certified letter to Gregory A Fowler, FBI, PDX, I address all six suspects.

I'm only reserving my rights to the evidence including composites of photographs that are in public domain and have been altered by me. In fact, you cannot use the altered photos of Kenneth Christiansen that I have turned into the FBI.

The method, the way, and the evidence, that I presented to special agent Curtis Eng in person, or evidence that I have personally mailed to GA Fowler are mine and I own the rights to them.

As you can see I do not post nor did I put a photo of the 1958 Schematic/log out of 100% respect for you and Skip Porter.
Even though it clearly states in the front of your book that material may be used in review only. Nor do I mention where I got them from or what they were. I reserve the rights to solving this case, not simply bringing a suspect to the forefront. As of 6/12/2013 was claimed unsolved by you and the FBI. As of 6/13/2013 I Claim it to be solved by me

Oh, now come on. You've already gone public several times bandying Christiansen's name around as your suspect. Don't start out here at Dropzone by trying to dodge that. People will eat you alive, and I mean the folks who have been studying the case for decades. Like Georger. Although Georger and I have had our differences, I still have the greatest respect for his efforts on the case. In case you didn't know, it was HE who hooked up the FBI with Tom Kaye's Citizen Sleuths team, and in the end the Sleuths were allowed access to the Tina Bar money and most of the other physical evidence.

There's nothing in Blast that talks about 'review only' material. Fair Use rules are fine with me. Fair Use generally says you can use pictures, excerpts from a book, etc as long as you give credit and don't declare that material as your own. If you use it in research you must give credit. (Image credit: 'Into The Blast, page 91' for example. Or whatever.) And you are correct when you say that I cannot declare the case solved. So maybe you have something else on Kenny, something that has not been discovered. No one minds if you present it, but you had better do your homework before getting facts wrong on the case.

There is already so much BS going on the Cooper case that I compare it to that quote by Martin Sheen from Apocalypse Now: 'There was so much bullshit in Vietnam (Cooper case) you needed wings to stay above it.'

I have not seen the original copies of the envelopes of letters sent to the media shortly after the hijacking. I suppose you could compare that handwriting (if it exists and can be accessed) to the original handwriting on Kenny's letters home. If you have pictures of these envelopes, you should post them and I can make a comparison from the originals.

But I have to tell you my standard position on those kinds of letters to the media. Police will tell you that people do this all the time on a famous crime and only in a few cases are these letters from the actual perpetrator. There are exceptions of course. I think the BTK Killer did send in his own letters, and the Unabomber, but in the case of Cooper I have my doubts. Those two were seeking attention and emotional gratification and the letters were part of that. In the case of Cooper, I think he was in it for the money and the last thing he would do is tease the cops about it and provide possible evidence to them. That's just my opinion, of course.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Aug 11, 2013, 9:56 PM)

skyjack71

Aug 11, 2013, 10:11 PM
Post #45692 of 52769 (13827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GreyCopGC148] The Tie [In reply to] Can't Post

GreyCopGC148 wrote:
How he did not tell Blevins this on the same day I was standing there, or maybe you weren't there? at Frenchmans Bar (not Tina's bar)

How do you think the Ingrams got out through the gate, but on private property.... unless they knew somebody. Is it not true that you gained permission. You can not simply walk out there.

From the mouth of the Washougal River, to the mouth of the Lewis River, this is the only stretch of beach that cannot be accessed by the public

You DO not have a clue:

1. Frenchman's Bar is East of Tena's Bar.
2. Anyone with money to put in the box they kept up front at the gate was able to use the beach.
3. The Bch is private NOW - but NOT in 1971 nor 1979 (when I was with the man who put the money on the river).

YOU are SO far out there this is ridiculous!

The more you talk the more you sound like a man who contacted me with a ridiculous story. When he couldn't use me he had to find another vehicle to get on board.

I proposed earlier to the thread you might be that same man and the more you talk to more I think you are either him or one of his supposed comrads. I was told one monitored the thread and the other was law enforcement.

This man could shift gears in mid-sentence - I say you are two peas in a pod if you are NOT the same person. He frightening and was intimidating and bolsterous in the same as manner as your postings.

He also claimed to have gone to the FBI. By the way his "story" was supporting Weber as Cooper, but he could not convince me he was not fabricating his story. The more I rebuffed him the more angry he got. Like you he also claimed to have contacted the FBI.

(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Aug 11, 2013, 10:19 PM)

skyjack71

Aug 11, 2013, 10:27 PM
Post #45693 of 52769 (13809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] The Tie [In reply to] Can't Post

georger wrote:
mrshutter45 wrote:

In reply to:
the matchbook ?

Cooper took the match book and I described it to Mr. H, but I had already thrown it out. One time I asked Duane what the fork and knife on it meant. He told me it was matches from a catering service he used to work for. Light faded blue with a green I think knife and fork on it. I have since seen photos courtesy of the thread of match books that looked just like it - other than the faded blue color. Time fades things as it has my mind.

mrshutter45

Aug 11, 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #45694 of 52769 (13800 views)
Shortcut

skyjack71 wrote:
GreyCopGC148 wrote:

You DO not have a clue:

1. Frenchman's Bar is East of Tena's Bar.
2. Anyone with money to put in the box they kept up front at the gate was able to use the beach.
3. The Bch is private NOW - but NOT in 1971 nor 1979 (when I was with the man who put the money on the river).

YOU are SO far out there this is ridiculous!

The more you talk the more you sound like a man who contacted me with a ridiculous story. When he couldn't use me he had to find another vehicle to get on board.

I proposed earlier to the thread you might be that same man and the more you talk to more I think you are either him or one of his supposed comrads. I was told one monitored the thread and the other was law enforcement.

This man could shift gears in mid-sentence - I say you are two peas in a pod if you are NOT the same person. He frightening and was intimidating and bolsterous in the same as manner as your postings.

He also claimed to have gone to the FBI. By the way his "story" was supporting Weber as Cooper, but he could not convince me he was not fabricating his story. The more I rebuffed him the more angry he got. Like you he also claimed to have contacted the FBI.

Jo, where exactly is "Frenchman's Bar" are you sure you want to butt heads with someone who lives in Vancouver? at this point I don't see the need to go into auto assault mode. let the guy tell his story.

GreyCopGC148

Aug 11, 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #45695 of 52769 (13788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] ti and tie [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr Blevins, I would never use your photo or print even if were legal out of respect for you and skip with out calling you first this is why i have put my phone number out there for you at the risk of all prank calls your book should sell more now and that's all yours you showed the world my suspect, not the other top 6... just like Mr Cook, Weber family, and McCoy family.

Sorry but I had to tell every body you were getting too close and the FBI were going to close the case your suspect would never got credit for all your hard work as well as Skip

I do not steal from you or anyone sorry I felt you would be happy for your self and every one would apologize to you and you would ride off in to the sun set LOL

BTW Curtis E agreed w/ me that the writing matches as soon as he saw it. I am willing to show you the same evidence in the same manner.

I am willing to drive and meet with you, and discuss the other evidence I have.

(This post was edited by GreyCopGC148 on Aug 11, 2013, 10:43 PM)

RobertMBlevins

Aug 11, 2013, 10:45 PM
Post #45696 of 52769 (13770 views)
Shortcut

Skyjack 71 says in part:

Quote:
'Cooper took the match book and I described it to Mr. H, but I had already thrown it out. One time I asked Duane what the fork and knife on it meant. He told me it was matches from a catering service he used to work for. Light faded blue with a green I think knife and fork on it. I have since seen photos courtesy of the thread of match books that looked just like it - other than the faded blue color. Time fades things as it has my mind...'

I would like to see testimony on this matchbook from Himmelsbach, i.e. that this matchbook was described to him by Jo, years before its 'identity' (SkyChef) was actually made public.

Otherwise, it's the same as if I tried to say that I (or a witness) saw a book of SkyChef matches in Kenny's possessions years previous to the public revelation on them, and that (*surprise*) they were tossed out.

Now, if the ID on these matches was public knowledge shortly after the hijacking, then this changes everything. Then you have to provide the matchbook Duane had, otherwise there is no evidence here. Anyone could claim the same thing, i.e. 'I saw those matches but they're gone now'.

Sure, I've suggested that if Kenny were Cooper it could have been a book of matches he may have snitched from the airline. But the hijacker could have obtained them at the Portland SkyChef restaurant just as easily, or simply picked them from a provided ashtray on the very 727 he jacked. No one knows. I remember making a point long ago that if Cooper were a heavy smoker, he *might* make sure he had matches before he even arrived at the airport. This is a smoker behavior. Can't smoke if you don't have fire, and in an upcoming stressful situation, you might come prepared. Still, there's no proof on where Cooper got those SkyChef matches.

If Jo is going to claim after-the-fact that she described the same matchbook to Himmelsbach before what was on the front of the hijacker's matchbook was generally known, it's fair to ask for proof.

GreyCop says in part:

Quote:
'I am willing to drive and meet with you, and discuss the other evidence I have...'

No. Not now. Not ever. If you have evidence you should present it here at Dropzone. I get enough phone calls and emails from Cooper folk as it is. And although I enjoy discussing the case here, I am no longer actively investigating it in The Real World.

Besides, there are better experts here on the case than I am. Let them analyze your evidence. If you post images of the handwritten fronts of the envelopes Cooper allegedly mailed to media, then I will have that writing compared to Kenny's original letters. The ones in the file cabinets. Otherwise, not interested.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Aug 11, 2013, 11:25 PM)

mrshutter45

Aug 11, 2013, 11:35 PM
Post #45697 of 52769 (13708 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] The Tie [In reply to] Can't Post

"Otherwise, it's the same as if I tried to say that I (or a witness) saw a book of SkyChef matches in Kenny's possessions years previous to the public revelation on them, and that (*surprise*) they were tossed out.

Now, if the ID on these matches was public knowledge shortly after the hijacking, then this changes everything. Then you have to provide the matchbook Duane had, otherwise there is no evidence here. Anyone could claim the same thing, i.e. 'I saw those matches'."

KC wearing a toupee is different? (*surprise*) no pictures, no toupee. no proof other than people stating he wore a toupee. no evidence here...right? anyone could claim he wore a toupee....

Robert99

Aug 12, 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #45698 of 52769 (13669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] THE MATCH BOOK [In reply to] Can't Post

Until the airlines stopped it, probably sometime in the early 1970s, four cigarettes and a book of matches were part of the lunch and dinner service on airline flights. There was nothing unusual about the matches you mention.

Blevins, your strange actions on the thread this evening are a cause for confusion. Don't you want to prove that KC was Cooper anymore?

Robert99

RobertMBlevins

Aug 12, 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #45699 of 52769 (13644 views)
Shortcut

mrshutter45 wrote:
"Otherwise, it's the same as if I tried to say that I (or a witness) saw a book of SkyChef matches in Kenny's possessions years previous to the public revelation on them, and that (*surprise*) they were tossed out.

Now, if the ID on these matches was public knowledge shortly after the hijacking, then this changes everything. Then you have to provide the matchbook Duane had, otherwise there is no evidence here. Anyone could claim the same thing, i.e. 'I saw those matches'."

KC wearing a toupee is different? (*surprise*) no pictures, no toupee. no proof other than people stating he wore a toupee. no evidence here...right? anyone could claim he wore a toupee....

Except that the people who have testified to this are real folks, named, still alive, and can be contacted by the FBI anytime for verification on their previous statements and testimony.

You kinda forgot about that part. I'm not in the habit of presenting available evidence without a means of verification. The unedited version of this document has always been available to the people who matter, the media. or anyone who presents legit credentials and a reason why they need it. I am always happy to provide, but because of the prevalence of Cooper Nuts (trust me, they exist) I have to make an effort to protect those people listed in the document. To do anything else would be irresponsible. What? Do you think I am so desperate to sell a friggin' book that I would act irresponsibly to do so? LOL, I may be poor as a church mouse but my family in general will never have to worry where their next meal is coming from. My mother says she's leaving a quarter of the estate to the Humane Society and my sister and I split the rest. And on the day that happens, I will be crushed beyond belief and lucky if I don't paddle out into the Pacific and never come back. 'Cause I kinda love my mom. We shared a lot together.

You guys are SO funny sometimes. You think you know me, but you really don't. Not even a smidgen.

It's never been about whether I make a buck on Cooper. It's only been about the truth. That's why I don't claim KC was without doubt the hijacker.

Because the truth is, I don't know. You don't listen. Maybe you're starting to believe the 900 comments. (*laughs*)

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Aug 12, 2013, 12:55 AM)

smokin99

Aug 12, 2013, 6:45 AM
Post #45700 of 52769 (13607 views)
Shortcut

GreyCopGC148 wrote:

Have any of you looked at the ticket agents job application? and possibly the 200-500 tickets he wrote out that night?

I haven't. Have you? Is he still alive?

First page Previous page 1 ... 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 ... 2111 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options)