Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
MIrage G3 vs. G4

Sonicfreefly  (D License)

Feb 25, 2003, 6:55 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1055 views)
Shortcut
MIrage G3 vs. G4 Can't Post

I was wondering if anybody has owned or jumped both the Mirage G3 and G4 with both hip and chest rings, and what is your opinion or preference on these two rigs?

weid14  (D 20292)

Feb 25, 2003, 9:17 AM
Post #2 of 4 (995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sonicfreefly] MIrage G3 vs. G4 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I was wondering if anybody has owned or jumped both the Mirage G3 and G4 with both hip and chest rings, and what is your opinion or preference on these two rigs?

well, I haven't jumped the G4, but spent some considerable time at Mirage talking and looking at it (I have two G3's -- one with Unisyn and one with hip rings only). As far as I can tell, the G4 has improved an already comfortable harness design, there are some manfacturing details that make me believe that (the way the seams are now sewn for one). If I were to buy a new rig, I'd get the G4.

skydiverek  (C 952)

Feb 25, 2003, 10:56 AM
Post #3 of 4 (946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weid14] MIrage G3 vs. G4 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
(I have two G3's -- one with Unisyn and one with hip rings only)

How do you compare the comfort level?
1. Are chest rings worth it?
2. Which hip rings are better (I am asking because they are oriented in a different way on Unisyn then on "normal" hip ring harness.

Thanks,

Bart

weid14  (D 20292)

Feb 25, 2003, 2:08 PM
Post #4 of 4 (906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skydiverek] MIrage G3 vs. G4 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
(I have two G3's -- one with Unisyn and one with hip rings only)

How do you compare the comfort level?
1. Are chest rings worth it?
2. Which hip rings are better (I am asking because they are oriented in a different way on Unisyn then on "normal" hip ring harness.

Thanks,

Bart

the chest rings without a doubt add a comfort level. I can get set (4way) in the door better, and the rig allows more freedom of movemement. I noticed no difference in the hip ring placement. (the reason it is different on teh Unisyn is to keep the main lift web from "buckling" or creasing right below the cut-away or reserve handle when you bend over).

Search for (options)