Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Scotchgard

mattb  (D License)

Apr 9, 2001, 6:59 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1336 views)
Shortcut
Scotchgard Can't Post

In the old forums there was a discussion about Scotchgard and which type to use (red or green can perhaps?). Does anyone have any info. on this? I have a new container I'd like to treat before I get it too muddy.

Thanks,
-mob

SkySlut  (D License)

Apr 9, 2001, 7:12 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1324 views)
Shortcut
Re: Scotchgard [In reply to] Can't Post

FYI-I am getting a new gearbag and I am going to scotchguard that too...

"I'll jump anything!"

Cacophony  (D 23912)

Apr 9, 2001, 9:11 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1312 views)
Shortcut

I used the kind with the red cap. I think it was originally made for automotive apholstry. It worked fine. I spent about a week putting it on. I really needed it since my container is black and white. So what did you get?

Safe landings,
Alex D-23912

mattb  (D License)

Apr 11, 2001, 5:01 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1266 views)
Shortcut

Webvan came last night and brought the kind with the red cap. It was the only one they sold. I looked at Wal-Mart and couldn't find it. I'll let you know how it goes.

SkySlut  (D License)

Apr 11, 2001, 5:08 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1263 views)
Shortcut

http://products.mmm.com/us/home_leisure/products/home_leisure.jhtml?powurl=GSYXRVH4GLbeGSHCV1ZFXKgeGST1T4S9TCgvMVX0XDF8RQgl

Not a very efficient URL, but its the link to all the scotchgards that 3M makes...they got quite a few of em. I think that I am going to go with the outdoor upholstery stuff...if I can find it!

"I'll jump anything!"

Kirils  (D License)

Apr 12, 2001, 9:59 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1215 views)
Shortcut

I use silicon lube on the fabric once -a-month to repell dirt. I clean my container packed using a wet vac to extract
dry cleaning fluid.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)