Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
Keeping Current

freebird  (A 38952)

Jan 13, 2002, 4:15 PM
Post #1 of 4 (709 views)
Shortcut
Keeping Current Can't Post

Im a very busy student. Sometimes I can only find time to jump once or twice a month. I have my A license and 60 jumps. Is this a good idea?

Jimbo  (D License)

Jan 13, 2002, 4:17 PM
Post #2 of 4 (704 views)
Shortcut
Re: Keeping Current [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't imagine how it's a bad idea. You can't jump when you can't jump - that's a reality. Just remember your level of currency and don't get in over your head. You'll be fine.

Premier PhreeZone  (D License)
Jan 13, 2002, 4:32 PM
Post #3 of 4 (698 views)
Shortcut

How long did it take you to get those 60 jumps?

Your level of currency should be the determinate in your choice of canopy. The less current you are/will be the larger and more forgiving the canopy you should fly. Stay with as large of a canopy as you can untill you are able to make more jumps a month.

If you are able to maintain your current level of currency you should be fine on smaller ways in freefall. Don't allow your self to be pulled into bigways or other things that are going to push your limits. 5 ways is the max I'd go on if I was you (IMHO). If you freefly, stick to nothing larger then 2 ways with an highly skilled freeflyer, don't go out with another low experience freeflier.

I want to touch the sky, I want to fly so high ~ Sonique

Iflyme  (B 4421)

Jan 14, 2002, 5:51 PM
Post #4 of 4 (628 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
The less current you are/will be the larger and more forgiving the canopy you should fly.
This is good advice ... I made 55 jumps last year, so I'm in no hurry to downsize from my 1:1 loading... one of my jump budies did more jumps than that at Eloy over Christmas. Of course, he's comfortable at a higher wing loading.

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)