Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Photography and Video:
sidewinder

imdskydiver  (C 2457)

Mar 25, 2001, 1:05 PM
Post #1 of 4 (854 views)
Shortcut
sidewinder Can't Post

I bought a PC1 thinking i would like to do video, But after receiving it and putting it alongside my helmet i couldn't help think that it stuck out a lot, and might be a potential snag for risers, I thought about a freefly helmet and a d-box but ended up ordering a sidewinder , It looked like it had a smother contour with less chance for snags , Did i make a mistake ? I don't wear glasses and don't do much VRW,

BarrettJ99  (D 24173)

Mar 25, 2001, 6:32 PM
Post #2 of 4 (849 views)
Shortcut
Re: sidewinder [In reply to] Can't Post

While I don't have a sidewinder myself, I would have to say that it definitely is a smoother design with less chance for snags. It was designed from a full face RW helmet so I'm sure it will do you well. So the question is not did you make a mistake, it should however be are you comfortable with the setup because you're the one who it's going to be attached to. Good luck.

-T1
C-30757

Vman  (C License)

Jul 15, 2001, 6:13 AM
Post #3 of 4 (784 views)
Shortcut

Your not alone...I just ordered a Sidewinder 2 which have acually been discontinued due to the rapid change in camera models. I am having it built for a PC-5 but having just seen the new PC-9 I might get away with the odd spacer to shim things up.This is also my first effort and with all the research I have done I came to the conclusion I will definitely be limited but felt the lack of extruding brackets safety being the issue I fiqure.
Good enough till I get some experience.

Good Luck
Vman

JumpHog  (D 25314)

Jul 16, 2001, 8:01 AM
Post #4 of 4 (767 views)
Shortcut

I have put about 200 jumps on my sidewinder with a PC1 camera. I haven't had any problems with this helmet at all. I regularly use it from everything from tandem to head-down video and it works great. It is also a nice relief in the winter due to the fact that it is a full-face camera helmet, as opposed to most every other camera helmet on the market.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Photography and Video

Search for (options)