Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
Lisence

jimchamp1  (A 15)

Jan 5, 2002, 11:28 AM
Post #1 of 14 (1119 views)
Shortcut
Lisence Can't Post

Hi,
My name is Jimmy. I am 18 and i just made my first AFF jump on December 22, 2001 so I don't know a great wealth of information about skydiving. I was wondering how mnydifferent lisences there were for divers? How do you get the different ones? And, what's the differece between the different lisences?

Blue Skies,

Jimmy

Premier PhreeZone  (D License)
Jan 5, 2002, 11:45 AM
Post #2 of 14 (1105 views)
Shortcut
Re: Lisence [In reply to] Can't Post

The USPA issues 4 basic licences and various instructor and other ratings.

A Licence: 20 jumps,style set, into to landing accuracy, and pass a written test that covers the basics. This licence basic says you are cleared to jump by your self.
B Licence: 50 jumps, more accurate landings, complete a style set, water training and pass a written test. This licence says you can now do night jumps and lets you open at 3000 feet.
C License: 100 jumps, better accuracy, faster style set or 4 point 4 way, pass the test. This is the minimum licence needed to be a static line jumpmaster.
D Licence: 200 jumps, accuracte landings,test, need to have made 2 night jumps, 2 point 8 way. This lets you hold more ratings, pertacipate on world record attempts and other cool stuff.

Check out http://www.uspa.org for more info on the licences.

There are tons of places to jump at some are single engine Cessna 182 operations and others are resort style places like Perris, Skydive Chicago and a few other places. Some are USPA members others are not. Check the Dropzones link on this site to get a feeling for places to jumps at.

I want to touch the sky, I want to fly so high ~ Sonique

cheeseburger  (D 25034)

Jan 5, 2002, 8:23 PM
Post #3 of 14 (1067 views)
Shortcut

Heard a rumor a time back that they're considering adding another lisence. I'm assuming an "E" because people didn't feel that 200 jumps for a "D" lisence reflected enough experience. Just wondering if this is substantiated whatsoever?

Cheese

MarkM  (C 35089)

Jan 5, 2002, 9:12 PM
Post #4 of 14 (1059 views)
Shortcut

Hmm, don't they already have a Pro rating that covers that?

mnischalke  (D 26290)

Jan 5, 2002, 9:40 PM
Post #5 of 14 (1052 views)
Shortcut

License

mike

Black then white are all I see, in my infancy...

baddog  (D 23279)

Jan 6, 2002, 4:50 AM
Post #6 of 14 (1035 views)
Shortcut

You might want to get your hands on a Skydiver's Information Manual. It has information on licenses and all kinds of other neat stuff.

CorporateLawyerDave aka BadDog

PhillyKev

Jan 6, 2002, 7:17 AM
Post #7 of 14 (1028 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
You might want to get your hands on a Skydiver's Information Manual. It has information on licenses and all kinds of other neat stuff.
And it can be downloaded for free from www.uspa.org

cielos azules y cerveza fra

-Kevin

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Jan 6, 2002, 8:55 AM
Post #8 of 14 (1021 views)
Shortcut

Both Canada and Australia issue E Licenses.
The last time I checked Canada had only issued 14 E Licenses. The long list of requirements including: night accuracy, water accuracy, high altitude and camera jumps must have scared off potential applicants.

baddog  (D 23279)

Jan 6, 2002, 9:45 AM
Post #9 of 14 (1018 views)
Shortcut

My experience with the downloaded version is that if you plan on three-hole punching it, you're gonna lose some of the words in the process and it's going to come out one-sided (twice as thick). I asked USPA about it and they said they were thinking about reformating the download to eliminate the problem (but that would probably cut into their sales, so no hurry). Still, it's a good idea if you don't want to pop for the blue binder.

Stacy  (D License)

Jan 6, 2002, 11:24 AM
Post #10 of 14 (1008 views)
Shortcut

i downloaded it and printed it, punched it- no problems with words being cut off or anything. fit nicely in a 1.5 inch binder. Did the same with the cmpetition manual.

Stacy
http://users.snip.net/~stacy

baddog  (D 23279)

Jan 6, 2002, 12:18 PM
Post #11 of 14 (1004 views)
Shortcut

Guess they fixed it. Or you're just more talented than I am.

FallinWoman  (C 32269)

Jan 6, 2002, 6:34 PM
Post #12 of 14 (984 views)
Shortcut

just nit-picking here...

In reply to:
B Licence: 50 jumps, more accurate landings, complete a style set, water training and pass a written test. This licence says you can now do night jumps and lets you open at 3000 feet.
Students and A license holder must open by 3000 ft. B license holders can open at 2500 ft.

"It's not the heights that I am afraid of, it is the impact that bothers me."

Premier PhreeZone  (D License)
Jan 6, 2002, 8:22 PM
Post #13 of 14 (970 views)
Shortcut

I believe the new BSR's bumped it back up..... which version of them are you looking at?

I want to touch the sky, I want to fly so high ~ Sonique

FallinWoman  (C 32269)

Jan 7, 2002, 4:07 AM
Post #14 of 14 (946 views)
Shortcut

I thought they bumped it up for A, but left B at 2500

"It's not the heights that I am afraid of, it is the impact that bothers me."

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)