Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
Hi, question

AK47

Sep 24, 2003, 11:42 PM
Post #1 of 6 (491 views)
Shortcut
Hi, question Can't Post

Hi, my name is AK and I have been skydiving once for my 21st b-day which was in march. I went with skydiving snohomish in WA. I am doing a speech presentation on skydiving and i am wondering what the temp differance from the ground to 10,000 feet. I am doing this tomorow, so i am hoping to get a response by 7:45am PST on the 25th. Thanks!
-AK

cesslon  (Student)

Sep 25, 2003, 12:03 AM
Post #2 of 6 (484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AK47] Hi, question [In reply to] Can't Post

WA ?

is that western australia ?

by the way i cant help ya sorry as im only new im your age also and am starting my course october 11th

lazyfrog

Sep 25, 2003, 12:38 AM
Post #3 of 6 (481 views)
Shortcut

hi there, in dry atmosphere, consider a loss of temperature of 1C per 100m, humid atmosphere loss of 0.5C per 100m...
depending on where you are and the weather can make a big difference...
hope it helps you a bit.
go back skydiving.

Amazon  (D License)

Sep 25, 2003, 12:39 AM
Post #4 of 6 (480 views)
Shortcut

Hi AK...

back in March in Snohomish it was COLD at altitude....when I did my first jump there on March 16th... the cieling was about 3500 ft.. and when I was on the strut of the Cessna.. i was being pelted with ICE pellets from the clouds just above...

You can usually figure that the temp differences are about 3 degrees per thousand feet...

That day it was about 45 degrees on the ground...take away 30 degrees for that and it would be about 15 degrees at altitude.. typically tho.. the airmass from off the Pacific is a bit warmer for the entire air mass/ air column... but it would still be below freezing up at 10,000 ft. When its really clear and cold though.. the 3 degree per thousand thing works fairly well.

Who was your TM... Vladimir... Dr Death.....or Gui??

Jeanne

(This post was edited by Amazon on Sep 25, 2003, 12:40 AM)

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Sep 25, 2003, 4:46 AM
Post #5 of 6 (472 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to the forums! Smile Looks like you got your answer. Good luck on your speech!

AK47

Sep 25, 2003, 7:39 AM
Post #6 of 6 (447 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amazon] Hi, question [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks to all, this will help greatly.

by the way, WA stands for Washington, didn't know this site was so international! Glad to get a response in farenheight!

thanks again,

-AK

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)