Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Canopy Relative Work:
in air radios

bodypilot90  (D 24249)

Sep 15, 2003, 2:28 PM
Post #1 of 5 (778 views)
Shortcut
in air radios Can't Post

anyone used "in air" radios while doing crw?

quack  (D 589)

Sep 15, 2003, 2:54 PM
Post #2 of 5 (766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bodypilot90] in air radios [In reply to] Can't Post

The Swiss Sequential team used them at one time (c.1995). I remember it having mixed reviews, too many people talking at once or getting confused on them.

There's also people like me who hum a song the whole time - that tends to piss off the rest of the team.Sly

crwmike  (D 6139)

Sep 15, 2003, 6:48 PM
Post #3 of 5 (750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bodypilot90] in air radios [In reply to] Can't Post

I used them (radio shack) when training a pup (now a US Record and soon to be World Record holder) about a decade ago. Marginal utility in the air but we had a lot of fun with them driving to and from the DZ when we shared a couple hundred miles of Turnpike. Cool

Bill had his permanently affixed to his Protec and looked like he was driving to 'special' schoolCrazy

Michael

In reply to:
anyone used "in air" radios while doing crw?

D22369  (D 22369)

Sep 17, 2003, 4:50 AM
Post #4 of 5 (713 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crwmike] in air radios [In reply to] Can't Post

<<Bill had his permanently affixed to his Protec and looked like he was driving to 'special' school>>

---->>> sorta the " I ride da short bus?" Tongue
if you got pics post em would ya.........

Roy

ParaShoot  (D 22759)

Sep 19, 2003, 12:38 PM
Post #5 of 5 (689 views)
Shortcut
Re: [D22369] in air radios [In reply to] Can't Post

We, the Dutch CF team, are using radios (Maxon 49SX & FX like the Swiss team used to have) for about 7 years now and we're pretty satisfied with them. You've to get used to them regarding who can speak. Only one can speak at a time. They're voice activated and we've build them into Z1 fullface helmets (without visor).

We primarily use for for giving the keys not only in rotation (instead of a whistle) but also for sequential.

The range is limited (150 ft effective) but if the separation is more than that it's bad anyway. They're also great for jumping with students.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Canopy Relative Work

Search for (options)